Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #11
BravenFenix
BravenFenix
is after a x8 BW total
Max Brawn
Points: 2,930, Level: 33 Points: 2,930, Level: 33 Points: 2,930, Level: 33
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 04/2013
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Flavorless Whey
My Mood: Lurking
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor

It does make sense. Walk or sprint!
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 03:12 AM   #12
LeroyAnderson
LeroyAnderson
has no status.
Banned
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

LeroyAnderson is off to a bad start

Walk is best and i think it is good to start doing walk everyday. Its a best exercise i must say. I do cardio and i am sure that cardio is good for health and fitness and there is no any fat issue with doing regular cardio.
LeroyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #13
LeroyAnderson
LeroyAnderson
has no status.
Banned
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

LeroyAnderson is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyAnderson View Post
Walk is best and i think it is good to start doing walk everyday. Its a best exercise i must say. I do cardio and i am sure that cardio is good for health and fitness and there is no any fat issue with doing regular cardio.
Reply must Thanks
LeroyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 AM   #14
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn
Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

When I drop into the Single digit BF.. All I ever do is crank the incline up to 15% and walk at 3-4.5mph for 20-30min everyday.. Along with eating cleaner.. I do just fine... Just watch a TV show doing it and time flies by....

Matter of fact I need to start it up again...

If your looking to drop fat and increase your lung capacity for your workouts.. then HIIT style Cardio is were its at.

With that said.. I think I'm going to work in a few outdoor HIIT style cardio as well..

I have a huge long hill in my backyard and a Drag sled. Since summer is right around the corner. I can start these back up. I need something to raise my Heart rate more....
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2014, 04:52 AM   #15
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I do not see him saying (at least in the quote, that cardio makes you fat). It appears, from what I can take from the "context" of his post, is that he is making a correlation between a decreased volume in training (and does not specify what this is) and an increase in cardio, and assuming between these two, that the body will adjust to the cardio more because of the decreased volume in weight training.

This is not a solid thought process. For many reasons. First, people can be different, and the adaption process can likewise be different between people. Second, we do not know the numeric data of training prior to the drop in volume as it relates to the specific drop in training, and most know, that it takes LESS volume to maintain muscle as compared relatively to the volume of trying to increase muscle mass (dependent).

In addition, we do not know the numeric values of the persons diet components, which would play a major role in adaptive decisions between the weight training volume and cardio. Further, we do not know the intensity of the cardio (or its length), the personal weight reduction (as compared to when he was not dieting down, as calorie needs can go down in personal weight loss), nor the numeric data of the volume of training, length of deficit dieting (assuming a deficit), and can not come to the conclusion, that energy expenditure is less, because there are far too many unknown personal variables.

His statement is far too broad, to have any validity. And, as it stands, would completely ignore this advice.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 03-10-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #16
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
When I drop into the Single digit BF.. All I ever do is crank the incline up to 15% and walk at 3-4.5mph for 20-30min everyday.. Along with eating cleaner.. I do just fine... .
reasonable, yet still impressive!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #17
Regularity
Regularity
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 866, Level: 15 Points: 866, Level: 15 Points: 866, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Novice
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Happy
Regularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good posts

I originally read past this quickly, but when I stop & think about it, I don't buy it:

Quote:
Now how does one become more efficient at slow, aerobic cardio? By decreasing overall energy output, which means burning fewer calories to do the same activity.
The principle of Specific Adaptation will dictate: greater aerobic energy demand -> increase capacity (higher vO2 max, more mitochondria, etc). Lower overall energy output is more likely the adaptation to lower energy supply (like starvation).
Regularity is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #18
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I didn't read any of the article, I just recall that I read through a study, a while ago, that showed increases in fat levels on calves of runners.

Cardio, is good either way, IMO, and if we listened to all the studies, we'd never exercise anyway, since they all seem to contradict anything and everything that anyone tries to do.

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #19
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 27,378, Level: 98 Points: 27,378, Level: 98 Points: 27,378, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
if we listened to all the studies, we'd never exercise anyway, since they all seem to contradict anything and everything that anyone tries to do.
Absolutely true. And they are spending millions on that ...

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 AM   #20
Greg B.
Greg B.
Feeling Pumped!
Brawn
Points: 1,462, Level: 21 Points: 1,462, Level: 21 Points: 1,462, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell rows
My Mood: Amused
Greg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good posts

Oddly enough, I'm currently in prep for a comp and I'm doing 30 minutes. 5X/week low intensity on home treadmill, 2 minutes slow walk, 3 min fast walk. No running or jogging. Seems to be working OK for me so far.

Main Website: http://www.aaefx.com/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/allamericanefx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @allamericanefx
Instagram: @aaefx

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own*
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook