Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #11
Bigbri
Bigbri
pumped
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bigbri is new to the forumBigbri is new to the forum

Thank all for the words of encouragement. Yeah, I am all natural as well. Well I do take a few supplements (multi-vitamin, fish oil, whey protein, BCAAs, and Creatine).

I am pretty excited about being here and definitely motivated. Had a great workout today. Slowly working on reaching those goals.

So, here are my short term goals for this year:

225 lb PR on bench
375 lb PR on squat
400 lb PR on dead

Thanks everyone!
Bigbri is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
Biggraygrizzly
Biggraygrizzly
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 834, Level: 15 Points: 834, Level: 15 Points: 834, Level: 15
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 32
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
My Mood: Relaxed
Biggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good posts

I started lifting when I was in the Navy, What is your rate? I was a AK with VF-31 at NAS Oceana, and I have not stopped just keep form good and pat attention to you nutrition.
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
Bigbri
Bigbri
pumped
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bigbri is new to the forumBigbri is new to the forum

Hiya Biggray,

Nice to meet you brother. I'm a nuclear mechanic stationed on Submarines. I'm a Senior Chief as of now, hoping to make Master Chief this spring. I'm currently stationed on the USS VIRGINIA out of Groton, CT. Soon I'll be transferring back to shore duty in Charleston, SC for my twilight tour before retiring.

NAS Oceana, huh? That's cool! I was born and raised in Virginia Beach. Graduated from Bayside High School and Old Dominion University. I lived in Dam Neck for about 4 years while I was in college. Small world huh?
Bigbri is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #14
Biggraygrizzly
Biggraygrizzly
has no status.
Brawn

Biggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good postsBiggraygrizzly has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbri View Post
Hiya Biggray,

Nice to meet you brother. I'm a nuclear mechanic stationed on Submarines. I'm a Senior Chief as of now, hoping to make Master Chief this spring. I'm currently stationed on the USS VIRGINIA out of Groton, CT. Soon I'll be transferring back to shore duty in Charleston, SC for my twilight tour before retiring.

NAS Oceana, huh? That's cool! I was born and raised in Virginia Beach. Graduated from Bayside High School and Old Dominion University. I lived in Dam Neck for about 4 years while I was in college. Small world huh?
Hey Chief
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I work with a guy who was on subs.
, he spent in Oregon and CT. ODU, well While was stationed in Va. Beach I had a friend who graduated from ODU and we spent lot of time at the 4400 campus club that was the spot back in the day. We would also watch his brother play football for Kellam High School. I was stationed from 82 to 85 down there.
From what I see it look like you headed in the right direction, if you have questions, feel free to ask, I"ll be happy to help.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #15
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
Stronger than yesterday. Weaker than tomorrow
GeezerDude
Brawn
Points: 719, Level: 14 Points: 719, Level: 14 Points: 719, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3 1/2 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
My Mood: Amused
GeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Hiya Biggray,

Welcome Senior Chief. I used to live about ten minutes from the back gate of Oceana when I was stationed with Helicopter Combat Support Special Squadron Four out of NAS Norfolk. Loved it out there. I should have never sold my house in Virginia Beach. It was just south of Princess Anne Rd., across from Salem Jr. and Sr. High Schools. Hope you meet all your goals.
GeezerDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #16
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
Brawn

GeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributorGeezerDude is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
I started lifting when I was in the Navy, What is your rate? I was a AK with VF-31 at NAS Oceana, and I have not stopped just keep form good and pat attention to you nutrition.
An AK with VF-31. I had a lot of fun in F-14's. I was with VF-301 out of NAS Miramar from 87-90. But I liked helicopters even better. I left HCS-4 as an AO1 in 96.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #17
Biggraygrizzly
Biggraygrizzly
has no status.
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerDude View Post
An AK with VF-31. I had a lot of fun in F-14's. I was with VF-301 out of NAS Miramar from 87-90. But I liked helicopters even better. I left HCS-4 as an AO1 in 96.
Cool, I was at Miramar twice at Top Gun, once in 82 and in 85.
In 85 I was there when they were filming Top Gun and I was there in the hangar scene watching from the sides

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #18
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,315, Level: 96 Points: 26,315, Level: 96 Points: 26,315, Level: 96
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

All these lifters with Va. Beach ties. Navy brat whose parents married at Oceana, was then stationed at Little Creek when I was in High School. I moved back to the area in 2006. You all come on up sometime and we can put together a liftathon.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #19
BobbyMac
BobbyMac
must break you
Brawn
Points: 1,300, Level: 19 Points: 1,300, Level: 19 Points: 1,300, Level: 19
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: about 3y (total combined)
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: goat milk
BobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I am pretty excited about being here and definitely motivated. Had a great workout today. Slowly working on reaching those goals.
Welcome to the forum, Bigbri. Good luck with your goals!

Quote:
I'm currently stationed on the USS VIRGINIA out of Groton, CT. I was born and raised in Virginia Beach. Graduated from Bayside High School and Old Dominion University. I lived in Dam Neck for about 4 years while I was in college. Small world huh?
I was born in Groton, my mom's from Va. Beach and I used to live in Norfolk (Ocean View).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
Cool, I was at Miramar twice at Top Gun, once in 82 and in 85.
In 85 I was there when they were filming Top Gun and I was there in the hangar scene watching from the sides
My uncle was a Top Gun pilot and was in Miramar during that time (does Bill "Hack" McMasters ring a bell?).

Small world, indeed!

My training log: Twice a Week, Twice the Recovery!
BJJ in Moldova: Pride Moldova BJJ
Short documentary on BJJ in Moldova: Undocumented Territory
Facebook link
BobbyMac is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
You all come on up sometime and we can put together a liftathon.
My old squadron from NAS Norfolk has a reunion every couple of years or so. I still have friends who live out there and plan to make it Virginia Beach one of these days. I used to love fishing out there and riding my motorcycle out in the Pungo area.

Share with Facebook