Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
McBuff
McBuff
Feeling good.
Brawn
Points: 358, Level: 7 Points: 358, Level: 7 Points: 358, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

McBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good postsMcBuff has made some good posts
Default A place I can finally tell how I feel.

Back in July of 2012 I began my fitness journey. At the time I had no idea what I was doing and didn't look towards the future. I was 320 pounds and finally came to the realization that I had a problem and decided to do something about it. I worked out for about a month and realized that this was something I really liked. I liked the way it made me feel, it boosted my confidence and was helping me lose weight(something I struggled with for a long time.) Like any novice lifter I went through the stages of trying to find the ultimate workout or ultimate diet. I remember one time I went on a zero carb diet lol. This had serious side effects I had the worst workout of my life and went home and took a 6 hour nap, needless to say I knew never to do that again. As I began to lose weight and shape up a little that helped drive me to keep lifting and I was getting stronger, a lot stronger. The more I lifted the more I got into researching and finding out information for myself. Most of the conclusions I came up with were very different from what the local gym rats were telling me. I started to understand that a bro split may not be the most optimal way to build muscle and hitting each body part twice a week will help increase protein synthesis so I switched to an upper/lower split. By this time I had Almost lost close to 100 pounds and was feeling great and really strong. As I began the upper lower split I noticed a huge change in my physique. I also put a huge focus on the three main compound lifts. I guess basically what I am trying to get across is that, to never doubt yourself and keep grinding. I had people constantly doubting me and saying that I was gonna quit. I used that as motivation. When I started lifting I never dreamed I would be where I was at now. I hit plateaus constantly and just kept pushing. Never quit and know that if you stay at it and be consistent your work will pay off and you will get the results that you are looking for. Do not let anyone bring you down and use them as motivation to reach your goals because you can do it. I am no where near where I want to be physically but I am closer than I was yesterday. If I was able to do it ANYONE can!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
McBuff is offline   Reply With Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Dray
Dray
is squatting again! : )
Max Brawn
Points: 10,035, Level: 66 Points: 10,035, Level: 66 Points: 10,035, Level: 66
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBuff View Post
If I was able to do it ANYONE can!!!
Unless they're literally unable (physically), or keen on self-sabotage, then absolutely. Yes.

"Trust the process." - Steve Shaw (aka BendtheBar).

My training log
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

congrats on the transformation and evolution!

Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Xyanide
Xyanide
Lats need work
Brawn
Points: 639, Level: 12 Points: 639, Level: 12 Points: 639, Level: 12
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: Less than a year
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: ON Creatine Powder
My Mood: Amused
Xyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good postsXyanide has made some good posts

Motivation. Is. Success. I went from 232lbs at 16 years old to 192lbs at 17 years old. Anything is possible when you want it. Great job man. Keep living like a champ.
Xyanide is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook