Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 11,276, Level: 70 Points: 11,276, Level: 70 Points: 11,276, Level: 70
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 1/16/14

Total Calories:2,140
Carbs:146
Fat:113
Protien:141

700 under maintenance. However I did eat a bit of fruit and a handful of jerky that I didn't add to the numbers. My milk turned bad. Had it not I would have used it with some whey to get in some more calories.

I am learning that if i control what I eat for breakfast and lunch I can eat a relatively large dinner. I am liking this. I think this concept might be useful for me in order to sustain my caloric goals and still enjoy myself, longterm. If I happen to eat a big lunch or breakfast, because of social reasons, i can just keep my other to meals limited. If that makes sense.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #22
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Total Calories:2,140
Carbs:146
Fat:113
Protien:141

700 under maintenance. However I did eat a bit of fruit and a handful of jerky that I didn't add to the numbers. My milk turned bad. Had it not I would have used it with some whey to get in some more calories.

I am learning that if i control what I eat for breakfast and lunch I can eat a relatively large dinner. I am liking this. I think this concept might be useful for me in order to sustain my caloric goals and still enjoy myself, longterm. If I happen to eat a big lunch or breakfast, because of social reasons, i can just keep my other to meals limited. If that makes sense.
I eat the reasonable breakfast and lunch to save room for the big dinner almost everyday. You are right, it really helps.

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #23
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Smash your goals Josh.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #24
KD5NFW
KD5NFW
aka Buttercup
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,374, Level: 72 Points: 12,374, Level: 72 Points: 12,374, Level: 72
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
My Mood: Mellow
KD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite member

Looks like you are having the same experience I had once I really started tracking what I was eating.

1. Most of us are eating less calories than we think.

2. Our protein intake is lower than we think.

Keep up the good work Josh, you got dis
Dead 220 (485.01)
Total 545 (1,201.51)
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2014, 04:46 AM   #25
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 1/17/14

Failed today. Kept track of my calories up to my PWO shake. This included breakfast, lunch, snack and PWO shake. At that point I was a little over 1,000 calories.
I then met with some friends for dinner, drank many beers, ate appetizers, ate dinner and got food on the way home. I was doing very good, but today, i failed. Life is depressing sometimes. I am fat, I fail at my diet, I am weak and can't squat and deadlift, and my family is gone. I miss being a family man. I share the hard times, so that maybe you can share my joy in the good times. I will not stop. I will continue on my diet. I want this. I want to drop fat. I want to look good. I want to feel good.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #26
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Failed today. Kept track of my calories up to my PWO shake. This included breakfast, lunch, snack and PWO shake. At that point I was a little over 1,000 calories.
I then met with some friends for dinner, drank many beers, ate appetizers, ate dinner and got food on the way home. I was doing very good, but today, i failed. Life is depressing sometimes. I am fat, I fail at my diet, I am weak and can't squat and deadlift, and my family is gone. I miss being a family man. I share the hard times, so that maybe you can share my joy in the good times. I will not stop. I will continue on my diet. I want this. I want to drop fat. I want to look good. I want to feel good.

Happens...and will happen again....just put it behind you and get back to work.....

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #27
bn2004
bn2004
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 247, Level: 4 Points: 247, Level: 4 Points: 247, Level: 4
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Not enough.
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Not sure.
Fav Supp: Coffee
My Mood: Yeehaw
bn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality posts

". I will not stop. I will continue on my diet. I want this. I want to drop fat. I want to look good. I want to feel good."

This alone tells me you will succeed buddy! Just get right back on tracks. I'm right there with you man, yesterday was not a great day, but today will be by the book! You can do it man!
bn2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #28
Braveone
Braveone
Fighting the good fight!
Brawn
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Testosterone :)
My Mood: Amused
Braveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good postsBraveone has made some very good posts

I got,pretty off track last night as well. Beers and wine and dinner out, the whole deal...life happens. Don't let it bring you down and don't dwell. The most important think is to get right back on track and keep moving forward.

You can do this!

Side note...I personally think to ensure you keep your muscle mass and your strength you should up your protein an little and get you fat intake down a bit...my 2 cents.

Squat:307.5
Dead:415
Bench:257.5

Overhead Press:165 (not counted)

Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.
Braveone is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #29
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn

First off, sorry about the emotional post last night. I had a bit too much to drink and had a lot on my mind. Having said that, thank you guys for taking the time to reply with some positive encouragement. Means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
Happens...and will happen again....just put it behind you and get back to work.....
Thanks Moe. I got back to work already. You're right man, all I can do is move foreward. Seriously, thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2004 View Post
". I will not stop. I will continue on my diet. I want this. I want to drop fat. I want to look good. I want to feel good."

This alone tells me you will succeed buddy! Just get right back on tracks. I'm right there with you man, yesterday was not a great day, but today will be by the book! You can do it man!
Thanks Bn. I appreciate the encouragement. I guess not everyday can be a win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveone View Post
I got,pretty off track last night as well. Beers and wine and dinner out, the whole deal...life happens. Don't let it bring you down and don't dwell. The most important think is to get right back on track and keep moving forward.

You can do this!

Side note...I personally think to ensure you keep your muscle mass and your strength you should up your protein an little and get you fat intake down a bit...my 2 cents.
Thanks Braveone. I appreciate the encouragement man. I have 2 choices, dwell and fail or get back on track and move forward. That's that. I don't want to fail.

I'll keep the side note in mind. TO be honest I am very new to this diet approach. Currently my main concern is just the logistics of counting calories and just trying to get them under control. Once I have done that I will worry a bit more about macros.
Having said that, I am working on getting more protein and less carbs. Today was pretty successful. I'll post my numbers for today here shortly.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #30
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn

Default 1/18/14

Total Calories:2,354
Carbs:85
Fats:134
Protein:207
486 calories under maintenance.

Came back from yesterday's failure strong. Victory. Not only did I hit my caloric target,but those macros look pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I haven't worked out the percentages yet, but I did what I said I wanted to do going into this. I ate more protein that fat and more fat than carbs.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.

Share with Facebook