Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #1081
TobesLCFC
TobesLCFC
cutting
Max Brawn
Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Greek Yoghurt with honey
My Mood: Lurking
TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Finally saw A Clockwork Orange (1971) today. Great film. Read the book and I thought the film did it justice. Very mesmerising despite it's age. The themes are relevant yet it's also far fetched at the same time. Overall , an awesome yet eerie piece of cinematic entertainment. It's pretty British , which I liked. Way ahead of it's time as well.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." – Socrates

"I never saved anything for the swim back."

"Compound exercises, kids! Compound exercises!"

Last edited by TobesLCFC; 12-26-2013 at 05:47 PM.
TobesLCFC is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #1082
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,142, Level: 40 Points: 4,142, Level: 40 Points: 4,142, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Watch the patriot the other day, quite enjoyed it though its not to popular. Violent movies based on revenge are always entertaining

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #1083
TobesLCFC
TobesLCFC
cutting
Max Brawn

TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDL View Post
Violent movies based on revenge are always entertaining
The truth.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." – Socrates

Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #1084
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,118, Level: 83 Points: 17,118, Level: 83 Points: 17,118, Level: 83
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Percy Jackson and the sea of monsters or something like that. It was ok. The girl is hot so that was good, ok effects, wasn't too boring.

Lone Ranger lame ! I loved the Lone Ranger as a kid, and the Legend of the Lone Ranger made in the 80s I think, was great! Well to me as a kid anyhow and what I remember . This was too predictable, poor acting, and boring. They made the Lone Ranger character a dork who was lucky with his pistol work when he actually did something which wasn't often. Tanto was made to be a funny guy dipshit, played by Depp, just bad! Disappointed!

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #1085
TobesLCFC
TobesLCFC
cutting
Max Brawn

Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #1086
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,118, Level: 83 Points: 17,118, Level: 83 Points: 17,118, Level: 83

Meet the Millers Fairly funny, not a good movie or anything, but wasn't horrible. A little slow and boring at parts, but nothing where I wanted to kill myself because of boredom, like Babel! The outtakes at the end were very funny!

RIPD Decent movie, entertaining. Sort of men in black minus will smith and adding the horrible not talented unfunny green lantern! Someone needs to tell Hollywood that Ryan Renolds(or however the f you spell his name) CAN'T ACT and he's not funny! His one liners that are in the same sarcastic tone, in every movie, regardless of his character....is stupid!!!
Wasn't boring and went by quick. Jeff Bridges was great, like him though so I'm a little bias!

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #1087
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 7,818, Level: 59 Points: 7,818, Level: 59 Points: 7,818, Level: 59

My Mood: Aggressive
HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Babel was one of the worst "critically acclaimed" pieces of shit ever made. What a horrible display.

Right next to There Will be Blood.

If I want to watch Daniel Day Lewis, Ill watch Bill the Butcher, the true protagonist of Gangs of New York.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #1088
linedriver465
linedriver465
Work, Eat, Train, Sleep, Rinse, Repeat
Max Brawn
Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Inspired
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Anchorman 2 - politically incorrect but funny as hell.

American hustle - excellent plot and cast. I was thoroughly entertained and never lost attention despite being in a front row seat in a sold out theater. Also, witty one liners.

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates
https://www.facebook.com/nickludlow91

Follow my lifting log!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...ey-to-Beastdom

"Life is too short to dick around" - Steve Shaw
linedriver465 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #1089
gForce
gForce
is constant
Brawn
Points: 434, Level: 8 Points: 434, Level: 8 Points: 434, Level: 8
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

gForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good postsgForce has made some very good posts

Captain Phillips - great movie and more suspenseful than I though it could be since I knew the outcome from when this was in the news. I watched it after I ran across an article about how a few crew members thought he was a jerk and foolishly put them in harms way. While the film puts him in a favorable light, I can see how some of them might have felt that way. 4/4 stars.
gForce is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #1090
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Starvation Games, not a bad comedy, at times you could pre-empt exactly what was going to happen purely because of having watched the Hunger Games and other films that were made reference to within the film itself:

Share with Facebook