Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

So does it help with recovery quite a bit? My work load will be going back up a lot when thi injury is gone, so I want something perect for that, and by the sounds of it you guys really think it's worth it! I've been very skeptical about them, but think I'll give them a try this time around! My only issue with them is you do have to use quite a lot so you get through it quite quickly.

So overall, you guys say yes!

What exactly are the scientific benefits of it? What are the claims?

I think i'll give it a try!! Thanks guys!!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
cheftepesh
cheftepesh
Lead Board Rep Formutech
Brawn
Points: 934, Level: 16 Points: 934, Level: 16 Points: 934, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

My Mood: Mellow
cheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good postscheftepesh has made some good posts

I personally like to take BCAAs intra at times when I am feeling spent. I think it helps with recovery and I use Endurance from Formutech so I get the BA kick as well.
cheftepesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
Kag94
Kag94
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Sqwartz
Fav Supp: Caffeine
Kag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good posts

One thing that might help is not going low carb playing sports along with weight training

Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #14
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
is training for strongman
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
My Mood: Aggressive
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

People did shit like this before BCAA's and protein shakes. His secret was the ability to eat ten whole chickens in a single meal (granted they were about half the size of what we have today)
Click image for larger version

Name:	antonio.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	12263
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #15
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn
Points: 5,556, Level: 48 Points: 5,556, Level: 48 Points: 5,556, Level: 48
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

This is from a legit Source... On different ways to take BCAA's

Quote:
Use will depend on budget. Here is what I would do with Aminos based on different budgets.

When I say before meals I mean at least 10-15 minutes before on as empty a stomach as possible. They do their signaling when not competing with other complete proteins.

Big budget 10 grams EEA's 10 grams BCAA"s 10 grams glutamine before at least 3 meals a day. On a training day, 10 gram glutamine and 10 grams EAA's right before the workout, 30 grams BCAA's during workout

Less Budget 5 grams EEA's 5 grams BCAA"s 5 grams glutamine before at least 3 meals a day. On a training day 5 grams glutamine and 5 grams EAA's right before the workout, 30 grams BCAA's during workout

Less budget 5-10 grams BCAA's before at least 3 meals a day and 30 grams BCAA's during workout

Less budget and the cheapest way to use them and still have tangible results is 30 grams BCAA's during the workout.

As far as what kind of protein to use, use what you can tolerate. As you know I think whey sucks. Most people can handle the Team Skip blend which is 33 whey isolate, 33 egg, 33 casein. Don't add BCAA's, EAA's or Glute to this.

You DON'T want to mix your BCAA's or glutamine with anything as it reduces or stops the signaling effects they provide.

Eric Serrano says his lab research shows 10 grams of EAA's to be the anabolic equivalent of 40+ grams of protein. I believe him based on results. Sucks they are the most expensive.

The BCAA's should be the 4.1.1 mix which is nice as it s the cheaper of the two generally used mixes.

OOPS, I forgot to add that 3 grams of taurine with any of these is a great idea.

IA
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #16
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn

JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
This is from a legit Source... On different ways to take BCAA's
Thanks dude, appreciate that response!! Where was it from please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB View Post
People did shit like this before BCAA's and protein shakes. His secret was the ability to eat ten whole chickens in a single meal (granted they were about half the size of what we have today)
Attachment 12263
That is very true, and I've been just using protein and my diet to keep energy high, and it's working. Recovery has been good but I haven't been training to my normal amount based on injury, I've enjoyed this diet and had more strength and energy than before, so I'm happy with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kag94 View Post
One thing that might help is not going low carb playing sports along with weight training
The purpose of this thread was for me to gather information based on experiences instead of just articles, I wanted personal opinions on if they work because I'm not a fan of science based training and studies studies.

I feel much better on low carb and doing so much... Go figure. Not everybody is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftepesh View Post
I personally like to take BCAAs intra at times when I am feeling spent. I think it helps with recovery and I use Endurance from Formutech so I get the BA kick as well.
Thanks!! So you don't use them daily? Only as and when you need them? And you're still seeing benefits? I'm intrigued!

Make each day your masterpiece

YouTube.com/JRKDMG

Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
Kag94
Kag94
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Sqwartz
Fav Supp: Caffeine
Kag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good posts

I apologize if i cam off as a jerk. Wasn't being rude jumpy just something I noticed. I did the high fat thing as well. Lost 30lbs with keto while on my diet. Even though my overall energy and mood was great throughout the day it really affecting my training intensity and yes even when I was in a surplus of calories after I reached my goal weight.

One thing that has helped with eating carbs and staying energized is timing them around my workout and only having them on training days. Basically what john meadows does.

But to answer your thread yes I do feel they help I mix them in with 32oz of coconut juice and another 32oz of water and drink throughout my workout. Hope this helps man

Last edited by Kag94; 12-12-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Kag94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
JumpmanRugs
JumpmanRugs
I work, you sleep!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kag94 View Post
I apologize if i cam off as a jerk. Wasn't being rude jumpy just something I noticed. I did the high fat thing as well. Lost 30lbs with keto while on my diet. Even though my overall energy and mood was great throughout the day it really affecting my training intensity and yes even when I was in a surplus of calories after I reached my goal weight.

One thing that has helped with eating carbs and staying energized is timing them around my workout and only having them on training days. Basically what john meadows does.

But to answer your thread yes I do feel they help I mix them in with 32oz of coconut juice and another 32oz of water and drink throughout my workout. Hope this helps man

Not at all man! Apologies if it came off that I was offended.

This whole Modified Paleo and Keto style diet seems to be working for me for the most part, losing weight slowly but that's how I wanted it. Taking a lot of willpower and patience which is something I don't have with weight considering past eating disorders.

I haven't had any issue with the stength thing, in fact I am stronger than ever and appear to be getting bigger but losing fat? Whatever is happening with it I'm going to keep it up cause it's working lol.

I use carbs around my workout, but not all the time. Normally only around one of my workouts, I'm using fats as my workout fuel for the most part and it's working. Only having like 15g carbs before workouts at most.

I think I'll give them a go, it's just a case of finding a not too expensive BCAA powder in the UK! Not an easy task!

Share with Facebook