Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #1
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,251, Level: 100 Points: 33,251, Level: 100 Points: 33,251, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Default Stevie P on Preworkout drinks

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Henry19
Henry19
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,252, Level: 35 Points: 3,252, Level: 35 Points: 3,252, Level: 35
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift/Squat
Fav Supp: Skittles
My Mood: Cheerful
Henry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beast

He is somewhat valid, but not entirely correct.

God forbid you work 60+ hour weeks in a stressful environment and the only time you have to train is right after work. God forbid you are a "full-time student" and work on the side. God forbid you are a parent of a child who doesn't let you sleep properly. God forbid you have an iota of responsibility that keeps you busy.

I guess his video is more geared towards people in their teens than people in their 20s and beyond. It is frightening to see how many teenagers and college students use preworkouts. Many of these people have little experience let alone any muscle or strength; their priorities are definitely in the wrong place. I believe, however, that there are a lot of circumstances where pre workout use is justifiable.

Personally, I really try to limit my preworkout my usage to meets, days where I'm testing something, or on pre-determined days when I know I'm going to feel like shit.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
is training for strongman
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
My Mood: Aggressive
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

I use a pre-workout every day I go to the gym. I also like them as strong as possible without my heart exploding. They let me go harder and fit more into my gym time or stay for as long as I want.
The is nothing like hitting a 3-4 hour workout and then coming home and eating 2-3 lbs of steak after cooling down and showering.

Viva la beta-alinine
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,469,314, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,314, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,314, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry19 View Post
He is somewhat valid, but not entirely correct.

God forbid you work 60+ hour weeks in a stressful environment and the only time you have to train is right after work. God forbid you are a "full-time student" and work on the side. God forbid you are a parent of a child who doesn't let you sleep properly. God forbid you have an iota of responsibility that keeps you busy.
I am right here with you. I run a tight schedule in life and there are some days I need the kick in the ass. Pre-workouts like Muscle Marinade give me focus not only during my workout, but up to 3-4 hours later. That's invaluable.

People need to decide for themselves what is appropriate for their needs. Sometimes all this ranting against things does more harm than good.

I didn't have them back in the 80s either, but sure as heck could have used one on more than a few days. I had desire. I had consistency. Don't be bullied into thinking that if you take one that it somehow diminishes your perceived desire. This is nonsense.

Let's not forget that adding AAS into the mix helps "just a little bit" with energy. You don't feel like a zombie in your 40s when you wake up.

I'll take any advantage I can get.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-28-2013 at 10:57 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,251, Level: 100 Points: 33,251, Level: 100 Points: 33,251, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I agree with you guys, but I dont think the 17 year olds who weighs 140lbs and does db kickbacks need 3 different shakerbottles with indivually colored content at the gym.

I use a strong preworkout on my heavy sessions but I try to avoid it or take low doses since stronger stims have a negative impact on my appetite and also sleep If I train late.

Share with Facebook