Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #461
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
I still see a conglomerate of lifting groups, circles, etc that espouse the entire theme of "I don't care what I look like, I am a strength athlete. I eat to get stronger." That or "I'm a strength athlete. I eat for performance, not for looks."

This is nothing more than an excuse to eat shit, get fat.

I am not proclaiming that you need to be ripped as a strength athlete. However as you look around the strength landscape the majority of the guys that are dominating are not tubby fat asses.

If you are eating for performance then your physique should be a reflection of that. You are not Big Z or Benni, so stop using the 1% of the 1% to justify your lard-assedness. If you are eating to perform, then your physique should be a reflection of that.

Training for looks isn't the name of the game. However as I've written 100 times before, your function should create your form. If you don't LOOK like you lift, then something is very wrong in regards to your diet and training.

Being "thick" because you're FAT isn't any different than.....being fat because you're fat.

Stop making excuses and get your shit in order.

"Leverages! Fat gives me leverages."

You know what else does? Muscle. Build some.
Paul Carter

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #462
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Paul Carter:

Quote:
Watching skinny dudes do abs at the gym is like watching monkeys trying to catch each others farts. Funny, amusing, but mostly pointless.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #463
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100

big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
~Marcus Aurelius

Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #464
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn

Quote:
It's not always about lifting heavy. Slow controlled reps can be the best way to achieve high level strength and break up the monotony of always training heavy!!
Derek Poundstone

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2014, 01:08 AM   #465
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn

Quote:
I don't ever wish a sick or hurting child on anyone. But these things always put life back into proper perspective.

Lifting weights? Something we do. A hobby.

Taking last at your bodybuilding competition or bombing out at a meet really aren't big deals in the grand scheme of life.

Having a bad workout is about as meaningful as missing an episode of something you wanted to watch on TV. You can always make it up later.

One of my favorite quotes is about love and loss. And that is, "Love cannot measure itself until the hour of parting."

You cannot understand your love for something until the loss of it. We may love our hobbies or a TV show but we really learn what's most important to us when the thought of the loss of it overshadows everything else in life.

Perspective can get loss in the mundane routines of life. Try your best not to let it.
Paul carters facebook

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #466
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn

Quote:
"I am fond of telling doubting trainees that it's just a matter of always adding weight to the bar, adding another repetition, If you could get to the point where you're squatting 400 lbs for 20 reps, stiff-legged deadlifting 400 lbs for 15 reps, curling 200 for 10 reps, pressing 200 for 10 reps, doing 10 dips with 300 lbs around your waist, and chinning with 100 pounds, don't you think you would be big - I mean awfully big? And strong?
Obviously!"
Dr.Ken Leistner

Share with Facebook