Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Mercersburgguy
Mercersburgguy
ready for a change
Brawn
Points: 811, Level: 15 Points: 811, Level: 15 Points: 811, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Syntha 6 Protein
My Mood: Happy
Mercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributor
Default Challenge Ideas

Hello, I have a buddy who works for the same company as I do, I live in Pennsylvania and my buddy Lives in Ohio, we both want to get into better shape for Summer. I know losing weight is one aspect of it however, need some ideas on how we can make a good challenge and competition. So PLEASE any and all suggestions are welcome!!!

Sean
Mercersburgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Dray
Dray
is healing up :/
Max Brawn
Points: 9,879, Level: 66 Points: 9,879, Level: 66 Points: 9,879, Level: 66
Activity: 75% Activity: 75% Activity: 75%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

I hope you both want to get into better shape for summer, and all summers (and all other seasons) for the rest of your lives.

Anyway, if you feel like competing, why not go for the best 5 Rep Max on barbell squat, barbell bench press and barbell deadlift, and the most non-kipping from-a-dead-hang chinups in a single set... say?

My training log
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Mercersburgguy
Mercersburgguy
ready for a change
Brawn

Mercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
I hope you both want to get into better shape for summer, and all summers (and all other seasons) for the rest of your lives.

Anyway, if you feel like competing, why not go for the best 5 Rep Max on barbell squat, barbell bench press and barbell deadlift, and the most non-kipping from-a-dead-hang chinups in a single set... say?
Great Ideas, I think we can do the Bench, squats I feel is out b/c he has a bad back, maybe do something like dumbell or Barbell pick a weight and see how many curls we can do. Great Ideas.. Thanks.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
TDawg75
TDawg75
All Pro Fatback
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,366, Level: 36 Points: 3,366, Level: 36 Points: 3,366, Level: 36
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
My Mood: Mellow
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Bodyweight challenges could be interesting. Things like seeing who can bench press/squat/deadlift their bodyweight for the most reps or, if you can't bp your bodyweight, go by percentage of bodyweight. Could be used for most exercises. Leaves two paths. You could lose weight to try and get an advantage, or just take the brute strength path and concentrate on lifting the bejeezus out of your bodyweight. You could even do an assessment in the beginning to see who makes the best improvement.

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
skids
skids
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,379, Level: 42 Points: 4,379, Level: 42 Points: 4,379, Level: 42
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
My Mood: Sleepy
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDawg75 View Post
Bodyweight challenges could be interesting. Things like seeing who can bench press/squat/deadlift their bodyweight for the most reps or, if you can't bp your bodyweight, go by percentage of bodyweight. Could be used for most exercises. Leaves two paths. You could lose weight to try and get an advantage, or just take the brute strength path and concentrate on lifting the bejeezus out of your bodyweight. You could even do an assessment in the beginning to see who makes the best improvement.

That's a cool idear, I 2nd this .
skids is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Mercersburgguy
Mercersburgguy
ready for a change
Brawn

Hey guys keep the great ideas coming! I love the ones I got so far.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

You could also make this one challenge a month, just to keep things rolling; so, for example, by the end of month X, the challenge will be to see who can do the most burpees in say 10 minutes.

Pick a challenge to fall at the end of each month with ordinary and challenge specific training occurring throughout the month.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Weaponx25
Weaponx25
Powerful. .
THE HEART IS THERE
Brawn
Points: 1,129, Level: 18 Points: 1,129, Level: 18 Points: 1,129, Level: 18
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 0 years 2 months
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Hip sled.
Fav Supp: Creatine
Weaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good postsWeaponx25 has made some very good posts

I would say max out on the big three.

Deadlift
Squat
Bench press

Do this once a month and see who has a better percent of increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weaponx25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook