Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Kroy
Kroy
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 850, Level: 15 Points: 850, Level: 15 Points: 850, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 6 yrs in 90's, 3 yrs now
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: iron
My Mood: Blah
Kroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributor
Default I now bench more than I squat cause of my shoulders!

I'd appreciate any help here from anyone who's experienced a similar problem. In the last few weeks i have been hitting all sorts of PR's on my bench including paused raw lifts in the mid to high 400's and even hit a 545lbs. sling shot PR. But as my bench goes up, my shoulder and pec mobility are getting so bad I can no longer get under a squat bar, and have been limited to Manta Ray squats only. If I do force myself, my biceps and shoulder hurt real bad the next time I bench. I've tried some basic stretching but nothing seems to help. I know that mobility work is probably what I need, but since I hate doing that stuff, I'd only like to commit to something that a fellow powerlifter could recommend, since I dont want to waste my time on some crap I read on the internet. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Kroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links