Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn
Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Ya but MB calls them Fat F*cks on Youtube and bad mouths them in almost every Video... Then add all the MB Followers... I can see being upset about companies taking off with an idea that you brought to the market.. Specially ones with Deeper Pockets.

But I beleive in taking the Higher Road...He should have looked in ways to make it that much better or different.. Which he kind of did with the different slingshots and all the new products out.

But he sells Knee Wraps, Wrist Wraps and even helped Reebok market a Deadlifting Shoe that looks like a Chuck...Which has Crossfit's logo and Name slapped on it...

Whats the difference?
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
MadMonk
MadMonk
Used to be sane.
Brawn
Points: 944, Level: 16 Points: 944, Level: 16 Points: 944, Level: 16
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: None
My Mood: Twisted
MadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributorMadMonk is a consistent contributor

Bench has always been my weakness, I'd love to get my bench up by 20% and I guarantee I will eventually, but it won't be with the aid of something like that, I'd feel like I'm cheating myself.
MadMonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #13
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn
Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
Bench has always been my weakness, I'd love to get my bench up by 20% and I guarantee I will eventually, but it won't be with the aid of something like that, I'd feel like I'm cheating myself.
Your not getting the Point of these Products then... It's a Tool.. Just like bands, Chains and even DB's if you think about it. These can all be used to increase your RAW bench.

Just watched the Video of this one.... VERY SAD and poor job on their Marketing of this product....Didn't even see One REP completed..haha

Looks like it would be uncomfortable too with all those Straps and hooks. Lost of Hard Plastic digging into the Skin..

The guy stated this really helps "build up the first 1-2in off the chest", but not one person on the Video hit that 1-2in off the Chest..
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Maybe so, But I've seen Videos of guys using homemade ones before the Slingshot was out...
Right.

I also think the Slingshot wasn't the first. I remember seeing a few before the slanger existed.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morerep View Post

But agree that there is a free market out there and if they idea is not protected...then is free game!
Right. No one patented the idea so they shouldn't bitch. Instead they should create a superior product.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Ya but MB calls them Fat F*cks on Youtube and bad mouths them in almost every Video...

But he sells Knee Wraps, Wrist Wraps and even helped Reebok market a Deadlifting Shoe that looks like a Chuck...Which has Crossfit's logo and Name slapped on it...

Whats the difference?
Yup, a reason I am not a fan.

He resorts to name calling of people that are selling similar products, all the while he gets into other markets selling similar products. Can't have it both ways. It's not their fault he didn't patent it.

The "world record knee wraps"...I was there and I know for a fact that lifter wasn't wearing them when he hit an 881 world squat record. They should be called "knees wraps a world record holder now uses".

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
A similar product helped me to overload my bench and get it close to 440-450 raw this year. I wouldn't discount it if your bench is struggling. It's a good overload tool.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,216, Level: 83 Points: 17,216, Level: 83 Points: 17,216, Level: 83
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I use the other tool (SR). And as others have said, its a tool to aid in your bench. I use it with each session to work overload and lockout, but never as a main lift.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,056, Level: 50 Points: 6,056, Level: 50 Points: 6,056, Level: 50
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Right. No one patented the idea so they shouldn't bitch. Instead they should create a superior product.
I believe that Mark Bell did patent the slingshot, but all you have to do is change the design by 10% and it is enough. Titan's Ram and Mike Womack's BenchDaddy are different....but similar.

They are all great for overloading lockout, but if you use them all the time you will suffer at the bottom of the lift.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

2nd guy...

47 years old and maxing out with 225...on a Smith Machine!?!?!?!

I'm a horrible bencher and I hit 225x3 at age 21 weighing 165!

These are just bad lifters who think adding reps instantly due to a device earns them some kind of credit.

It's like saying you can run 15 mph. BUT, in a car, you can do 80 mph!!!! WTF?

**I know the device has it's place in lifting.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook