Max Brawn
Points: 12,579, Level: 73 Points: 12,579, Level: 73 Points: 12,579, Level: 73
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Deep squat Bryce, subbed!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFriedMuscle View Post
Just for anyone who is interested, I did get a video of my PR at 345 from monday.

Strong and deep.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #13
CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,677, Level: 23 Points: 1,677, Level: 23 Points: 1,677, Level: 23
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Log Press
CountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributor

Cube Heavy Bench, 10/23/13:

1. Bench Press:
Bar x 15
95 x 8
135 x 8
155 x 8
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 3
245 x 1, wraps
255 x 1, wraps
265 x 2 15 lb PR!, wraps

2. Hammer Strength Row:
4 sets of 10

Session Grade: 80%
Notes:
Pretty good session, really disappointed I missed that third rep at 265, but seeing as how I only needed a single and hit a PR, I can't complain. I think the third rep is there, I just got out of position and missed for a stupid reason. Also, dialing down the volume as I am testing next week. Time to start focusing on recovery!
CountryFriedMuscle is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
Ancrel
Ancrel
is not wanting to take a deload week!
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,526, Level: 22 Points: 1,526, Level: 22 Points: 1,526, Level: 22
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 6 months serious!
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: Milk!
Ancrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributor

3rd rep is deff there, sweet bench session!
Ancrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFriedMuscle View Post
265 x 2 15 lb PR!, wraps
Monster! Congrats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn

CountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributor

Hey guys, for anyone who is interested, I just wanted to update you on what i am doing and the turn my training will be taking very shortly.

So, last week was the final week of my Cube Method cycle and I have been taking a deload this week with the initial idea of doing a testing day to see where my lifts are at. However, my current training partner has been flexible enough to try my way of training over this cycle and I am now repaying the favor by doing at least one cycle of his choice. He presented me with a tough decision, either give a Westside Conjugate Method inspired routine an honest run, or do Sheiko for a minimum of 12 weeks. To be honest, Sheiko scared me (lots of benching on a touchy shoulder), so I decided to go Westside.

As such, I decided to refrain from testing this week and jump right into the program with a max effort day instead. So, as of Thursday, I should be back up and training with lots of new things to report. We are doing a few this differently from the standard template that we feel are more conducive to raw lifting, but stay true to the method as a whole. Hope to get some feedback from some of your more experienced guys, and can't wait to get started!

Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,312, Level: 92 Points: 22,312, Level: 92 Points: 22,312, Level: 92

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Nice work in here, how do you like the cube method?

I have heard good things

Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Nice work in here, how do you like the cube method?

I have heard good things
I think it is a very good method if you are looking for something with more variation than a typical western periodized routine but like sticking near the main lifts. I also think success with this method really depends on hitting variations of the competition lifts with some pretty seriously volume after the main work. During this cycle, it was not uncommon for me to do the cycle work and then an additional 4 to 6 sets of hard squats.

One thing I will say is that I really liked the rotation of emphasis on the lifts. It kept me feeling fresh and ready on the heavy days. I also liked to change the explosive days a bit, deviating from Lilly's advice. For instance, I would do beltless pause squats, deadlifts with no belt, and close grip benches with extremely long pauses to make the explosive days harder.

Honestly, a very good method all in all, and one I enjoyed quite a bit. If you are interested in it, I would recommend giving it a go.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Default Max Effort Lower, 10/31/13

First session on the Westside/Conjugate inspired programming, and it was a ball!

Warmup:
Did some foam rolling for hips, IT bands, and back. Some bw squats and lunges. A little bit of static stretching for hip flexors and piriformis.

1. Safety Bar Squat:
Bar (55 lbs) x 15
145 x 8
195 x 5
235 x 5
285 x 3
305 x 3
325 x 3, belt
335 x 3, belt. Baseline PR
270 x 5, 5, 5

2. Stiff Leg Deadlift:
225 x 10
245 x 10, 10

3. Lying Leg Curl:
3 sets of 12

4. Ab Wheel:
2 sets of 15

Session Grade: 80%
Notes:
The safety squat bar is a real challenge, never done them before and they really try to buck you forward. I think I made a good choice with these because usually if I miss a squat, its because I lost tightness and fell forward. Hamstrings also took a pretty good beating from this session. Overall, a nice start.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Default Max Effort Upper, 11/1/13

Warmup:
foam rolled upper back and pecs. Some stretching and dislocations with band. 1x20 press behind neck, 1x30 muscle snatch.

1. Incline Press:
Bar x 15
95 x 8
135 x 8
155 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3
225 x 3, wraps.
235 x 3, wraps. PR!
190 x 5, 5, 5

2.a Chest Supported Row:
1 plate x 12
2 plates x 12, 12, 10, 10
2b. Face Pulls:
50 x 12, 12, 12, 12

3a. Pushdowns
85 x 15, 15
3b. Curls:
60 x 12, 12
3c. Reverse Fly:
15 x 12, 12

Session Grade; 80%
Notes:
Pretty good session, solid PR on the incline press. Everything else was just punching the clock, but still good work.

Share with Facebook