Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
stockdoc
stockdoc
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 885, Level: 15 Points: 885, Level: 15 Points: 885, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: squat
My Mood: Dead
stockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good posts
Smile intro of stockdoc

hello,while surfing youtube I ran into The Bearded Beast and was pleasantly surprised with his no nonsense approach and down to earth style.
I'm from Belgium but traveled a lot and now live in France,51 years old and been training on and off for about 20 years.I've been training at all kinds of gym's,had a homegym at the time,was into martial arts also.
After 9 months of very inconsistent KB training I joined a new gym and will try to stick to my goals(improving my PB on squat, bench and DL,and building some serious muscle along the way).
stockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
markievicz
markievicz
is a Squataholic
Max Brawn
Points: 12,728, Level: 73 Points: 12,728, Level: 73 Points: 12,728, Level: 73
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
My Mood: Lurking
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

welcome to MAB.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Hi

Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
I WILL
I WILL
says"will there be snacks?"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Hi welcome.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will consider starting up a training log and sticking around.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Wesker
Wesker
is wondering why the hell he bought a tablet.
Brawn
Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8

Training Exp: 9 months
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Dumbbell Bench Press
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
My Mood: Spent
Wesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdoc View Post
hello,while surfing youtube I ran into The Bearded Beast and was pleasantly surprised with his no nonsense approach and down to earth style
Pretty much the exact same way and reasoning for me joining here. The rest of the guys are of the same stuff. Been here just a week, but I like the forum alot already. Here you will find great advice, people with manners, respect and decency, as opposed to the rest of the internet.
Wesker is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 10,893, Level: 69 Points: 10,893, Level: 69 Points: 10,893, Level: 69
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Welcome!
Just curious, what martial arts training have you done?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Ancrel
Ancrel
is not wanting to take a deload week!
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,526, Level: 22 Points: 1,526, Level: 22 Points: 1,526, Level: 22
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 6 months serious!
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk!
Ancrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributor

Welcome, as BTB said, starting a log is a great way to keep track of your progress and get some sound advice from the people at MAB!
Ancrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
stockdoc
stockdoc
has no status.
Brawn

stockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good postsstockdoc has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
Pretty much the exact same way and reasoning for me joining here. The rest of the guys are of the same stuff. Been here just a week, but I like the forum alot already. Here you will find great advice, people with manners, respect and decency, as opposed to the rest of the internet.
Tack so mucket,oh no, that must have been Swedish,been there for a few years but visited Norway as well,VERY beautiful country!

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
stockdoc
stockdoc
has no status.
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Welcome!
Just curious, what martial arts training have you done?
Started Tae Kwon Do after quitting Soccer(not a big difference,it's all about kicking lol),just didn't get to black belt in Belgium, later in Scotland I did some Lau Gar Kung Fu for 1.5 years,moved to the UK and got a black belt in Shotokan Karate after 5 years,I did Yang style Tai Chi for 2 years(also in the UK)and was a better student ,I continued the Tai chi in France but it was a slightly different style and was told it would take about 10 years to learn the entire form.Hello,I'm 51 and want some results NOW!!!But it was all fun and I still practice my Karate Kata's occasionally,it took me too long to learn them to let it all go to waste.

Share with Facebook