Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
is training for strongman
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
My Mood: Aggressive
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor
Default Switching mass gainers

I am switching from your basic 800-1000 cal carb heavy mass gainer because I am running out and haven't seen the gains I am wanting. My idea is too do 90-100g of protien and a TON of fat.

Thoughts (for post workout):
3 scoops of protien (30g each)
heavy whipping cream
1 cup of almonds (almost pure fat)
1/4-1/2 cup of oats

1st question: what are the effects of massively decreasing carbs and increasing fat short term/till adjusted (I plan on doing re-feeds twice a week)

2nd question: what else can I add to this fatty deliciousness that I will be blending
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Ancrel
Ancrel
is not wanting to take a deload week!
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,526, Level: 22 Points: 1,526, Level: 22 Points: 1,526, Level: 22

Training Exp: 6 months serious!
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk!
My Mood: Lurking
Ancrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributor

I hear coconut oil is great to put in shakes to add calories, i like to put honey in mine.

Intrested in what responces this thread gets as i am on a low carb diet and im getting my energy ( healthy fats) from mainly fish/eggs atm, would be nice to find some more sources.
Ancrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

resorting to bumping my own post
bump
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB View Post

1st question: what are the effects of massively decreasing carbs and increasing fat short term/till adjusted (I plan on doing re-feeds twice a week)

2nd question: what else can I add to this fatty deliciousness that I will be blending
Question 1... You will drop water even if eating the same. You will also feel like blah for 3 days.

Question 2...Melted dark chocolate, fruit. My top 2.

I also wrote an article with 10 weight gainer shake recipes:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...t-gain-recipes

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
Epinephrine
Epinephrine
is building the beast
Brawn
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Mood: Twisted
Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor

You'll feel pretty lethargic at first, but like BTB said it'll pass in a couple days. Quicker if you really pound down the fats and restrict the carbs, forcing your body to go through a metabolic shift. But the twice weekly carb re-feeds might make that difficult. You could always just have one really big carb re-feed on like Wednesday (if you train on Wednesdays) post workout. Then the other one could be all day Sunday. That's something that works for me really well.

Dark chocolate, macadamia nut oil (olive oil works well too), avocados, peanut butter, regular butter if you're feeling feisty. Might as well eat a block of cheese too if you like cheese.

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post
Might as well eat a block of cheese too if you like cheese.
LOL that is the best advice I have ever gotten in my life. What if I dip bacon in cheese. Now that is a plan

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Question 1... You will drop water even if eating the same. You will also feel like blah for 3 days.

Question 2...Melted dark chocolate, fruit. My top 2.

I also wrote an article with 10 weight gainer shake recipes:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...t-gain-recipes
Read the article, good fit for me thanks a lot

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
MadScientistOfMaB
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

Today was my first day trying out the new shake. This week I'm still using 2 scoops of carb mass gainer (down from 4) and adding almonds and about 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream... It is so creamy and tasty I kinda wanna forcibly funnel it down a vegan throat to show them what they are missing. It is all sorts of wonderful

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275

Share with Facebook