Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #21
mohiz
mohiz
is cutting
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
My Mood: Lurking
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
I am a reformed drinker. I have been on the wagon for two years next month.
It sounds as though we are in the same boat. It will have been a year for me in two days

Quote:
I haven't found a better high to replace my old drunkenness with than the high of lifting some heavy ass weight that I am not sure if I can lift.
Words of truth!

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF
mohiz is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,939, Level: 49 Points: 5,939, Level: 49 Points: 5,939, Level: 49
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I drink, usually on weekends and always watching NFL games. There is nothing wrong with having a few beers, shots, or glasses of wine to enhance your entertainment. If it effects your job or any relationships in a negative way, then it's to excess. If it effects your training in a negative way, you need to evaluate your priorities. I've heard people say they hit PR's with hangovers but I'm sure that is few and far between. The PR's came from past training, not because of booze.

That being said, I anxiously await the first kickoff of the day with a fridge full of Bud Black Crown. ;o)

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
AF-Iron
AF-Iron
taking a coffee break
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,753, Level: 24 Points: 1,753, Level: 24 Points: 1,753, Level: 24
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
My Mood: Cool
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

Since its Oktoberfest, I have marzen style beers in the evening. Sometimes even as intra-workout carbs. Plus it tastes good.
AF-Iron is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
Davis
Davis
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,180, Level: 41 Points: 4,180, Level: 41 Points: 4,180, Level: 41
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I drink, usually on weekends and always watching NFL games. There is nothing wrong with having a few beers, shots, or glasses of wine to enhance your entertainment. If it effects your job or any relationships in a negative way, then it's to excess. If it effects your training in a negative way, you need to evaluate your priorities. I've heard people say they hit PR's with hangovers but I'm sure that is few and far between. The PR's came from past training, not because of booze.

That being said, I anxiously await the first kickoff of the day with a fridge full of Bud Black Crown. ;o)
I've always wanted to drink and watch NASCAR, and I never have.

As for effecting my job, school, and relationships...yep. Been there, done that. Still do to some degree, but thankfully there's a thing called "will". I've seen myself effected, I've seen others effected by drinking much too often, and the question I always have to ask is, "IF I was driving the Titanic, and knew that I was going to crash into an iceberg if I didn't change directions, wouldn't I have changed the direction?".

That said, I do enjoy the occasional pitcher after training.
Davis is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
This is probably the worst article I could have ever read. I'm not saying it's bad, but now it has given me more reason to drink. In fact, it's almost happy hour...

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/201...e-rip-and.html

What are your thoughts? Personally, I'd like to say alcohol can certainly have a good effect on training, but I have nothing to back it up rather than I like to drink. I will say though, I often tend to get very lazy when I go on drinking binges and have missed workouts because my mind is on drinking rather than training first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
It's not about drink per se, this is a comment made by the author of the article, further down the page of the link above:

"Are you guys really not understanding the point of this post, or are you just angry as fuck? I was straightedge until I was 27, if I helps. I've lived on both sides of the fence.

Once more, it's not that drinking is essential to lifting success- it's that risk taking behaviors, drinking being among them, are an indicator of the type of personality that will succeed in strength sports. Additionally, drinking will not derail your efforts in the gym, as so many Americans will posit.
"

It's not about drinking it's about the risk taking behaviours indicating personalities...in relation to strength sports, as viewed by the author.

Share with Facebook