Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #31
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 11,728, Level: 71 Points: 11,728, Level: 71 Points: 11,728, Level: 71
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Im with you Josh. I say put it to use and base it of of real world results. I know what works for me and will continue to use it. If I can drop 40lbs and maintain a 450 to 500 bench, Im sticking with it.

Not attempting to be an ass anyone, I can maintain strength and mass while dropping excess weight with this approach. Its easy for me to follow and to be truthful I enjoy this format of "diet". Thank You Good Night.....
That's interesting to me. Jamie Lewis also maintains/develops awesome strength while carb depleted with his apex predator diet. My squat dropped 100lb in 2 weeks when I was only eating carbs once a week!

"We're all different", etc, etc. It's frustrating as hell though!
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1295
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #32
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,365, Level: 82 Points: 16,365, Level: 82 Points: 16,365, Level: 82
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
That's interesting to me. Jamie Lewis also maintains/develops awesome strength while carb depleted with his apex predator diet. My squat dropped 100lb in 2 weeks when I was only eating carbs once a week!

"We're all different", etc, etc. It's frustrating as hell though!
I had the same problem before as well Soldier. I was then told to increase my fat intake dramatically and guess what, it worked.

Im not arguing the fact that there needs to be a deficit. Im just saying that the macro manipulation (Low Carb/High Protein/High Fat) has enabled me to meet my goals without cannibalizing muscle mass and strength. With this approach (and meeting my deficit) I have no cravings and enables me to reach satiety. If I were able to eat anything in a buffet free for all i would be 600lbs, low carb or not. As with any meal plan you need to practice restraint and discipline.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 11,728, Level: 71 Points: 11,728, Level: 71 Points: 11,728, Level: 71
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
I had the same problem before as well Soldier. I was then told to increase my fat intake dramatically and guess what, it worked.

Im not arguing the fact that there needs to be a deficit. Im just saying that the macro manipulation (Low Carb/High Protein/High Fat) has enabled me to meet my goals without cannibalizing muscle mass and strength. With this approach (and meeting my deficit) I have no cravings and enables me to reach satiety. If I were able to eat anything in a buffet free for all i would be 600lbs, low carb or not. As with any meal plan you need to practice restraint and discipline.
I agree with you, totally. I've actually read that, about making sure to get enough fat. I was, trust me! I think that when I tried to increase my fat compared to protein I also added considerably to the calories I was eating. I stopped losing weight, but still didn't increase my energy/strength. I was getting lots of fat from eggs, cheese, and my favorite low carb meal, homemade deep fried WINGS!!! God, I'm slobbering now just thinking about my wings.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1295
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #34
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,365, Level: 82 Points: 16,365, Level: 82 Points: 16,365, Level: 82
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Mmm, wingsssss

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 25,001, Level: 95 Points: 25,001, Level: 95 Points: 25,001, Level: 95
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Big_Sleep View Post

3) All calories are created equal, all macronutrients are not (think about it, there's a difference)
This was one of the wisest statemtents made in this thread.

Okay, so who wants to be the guinea pig? One whole week eating 2000 calories totally composed of Kit-Kat Bars. I predict that you will indeed lose weight, not from eating at a deficit, but from the day or two in a sugar coma or consecutive days of puking after eating all that sugar. Anyeone up to give it a try? Come on, if calories are calories, burn some for MAB science.

Seeking to be transformed, not conformed!

Become a disciple of the bar. - glwanabe

The Official Get Fit For The King Website

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #36
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
This was one of the wisest statemtents made in this thread.

Okay, so who wants to be the guinea pig? One whole week eating 2000 calories totally composed of Kit-Kat Bars. I predict that you will indeed lose weight, not from eating at a deficit, but from the day or two in a sugar coma or consecutive days of puking after eating all that sugar. Anyeone up to give it a try? Come on, if calories are calories, burn some for MAB science.
Hahaha!

Chocolate in excess can be dangerous, and certainly can cause puking due to some bodily reaction, I watched a program about a French woman (skinny gal) that consumed massive bars daily of the 70%+ stuff, she had to stop doing so, otherwise it would have killed her.

Chocolate aside, not a bad idea...though the 2000 cals in carbs could be quite a task, easier for the fat consumer (maybe ), and probably a whole lot more enjoyable for the protein group which I think may be the biggest group that step forward for the challenge/test.

Share with Facebook