Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
mohiz
mohiz
is cutting
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
My Mood: Lurking
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor
Default What am I?

I have a problem. Well, it's not really that big a problem but I don't know what to tell people when they ask about my hobbies. If I just say I "lift weights" that doesn't really convey how serious I am about it. A lot of people lift weights, but many do it just "recreationally" without high goals or anything like that.

Then again I can't really consider myself as a bodybuilder, because I don't care about an aesthetic physique, I "just" want to be huge (as if that's easy). But it's not "just" huge, I also want to be brutally strong. I don't care about achieving a pump or targeting specific muscles, I'd rather focus on progressive overload on a given exercise.

How about powerlifter then? Well, then again my main goal is still size, and not maximal strength. It's just that the method I have chosen to gain size is that of increasing my 5x5 strength. I also don't compete as of yet (although I intend to go to a meet when I feel ready).

Let me give you an example: when I talk about my musical prowess, I say "I am a guitarist". That signals that I don't just "play the guitar", but that I'm very passionate about it. I wish there was a similar word to use about my weight training enthusiasm! I can't be the only one pondering this..?

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF
mohiz is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links