Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
CODY_SNIDER
CODY_SNIDER
has no status.
Cody
Max Brawn
Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31 Points: 2,673, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: The big 3
CODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributorCODY_SNIDER is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamite1114 View Post
Hey guys I'm waiting in my girlfriend at the doctors office so I thought I'd go ahead and make a fun thread. I'm sure we've all got our stories of trial and error when it comes to supplements so I thought it be fun to post them here and talk about 'em.

Mine was about five months ago when I found a supplement store in my town that was a small business and owned and operated by one single guy. I decided I'd go in and see what the guy had. The first thing I noticed was that I didn't recognize a single brand that he had in the store, so already a bit iffy about the place. I left the place with a mass gainer and a pre-workout. First of all the mass gainer worked well. Actually too well WAY too well I had gained numerous pounds in a matter of months, I was new to gaining but I was pretty sure it wasn't healthy to gain wait THAT fast. And secondly I was only taking the pre-workout only on workout out days and I soon started to notice that on those days I had an unusual amount of anger and aggression. The pump and energy was great but I soon found myself lashing out at my girlfriend for no apparent reason at all. I quickly threw the pre-workout away and all the anger stopped.

So I'm warning you guys: stay away from Kronic Pump Pre-Workout! If you can even find it anywhere else. The pump and energy is not worth it.

I never went back to that supplemen store and I actually think the guy we t outta business.
These sound like awesome supplements!! I used this pre workout called betanox for a while. The stuff tasted like gas and gave me a head ache instantly! I ended up giving it away before I finished the bottle. I needed sleep haha
CODY_SNIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100 Points: 1,516,541, Level: 100
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
My funny supplements story is when I paid substantial amounts of money to T-Nation for Mag-10 or whatever their over-hyped nonsense was called. Not funny for me of course, but TC Luoma and Tim Patterson were laughing themselves sick.
The makers of Hot Stuff laughed to the bank at my expense.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #13
Adamite1114
Adamite1114
Is getting bigger.
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: on and off 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
My Mood: Mellow
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

Anyone ever try herbalife? A "health club" near me did what they could to pull me into a pyramid scheme selling herbalife a while back when I was job hunting. Claimed they helped bodybuilders and powerlifters. Dude had the weirdest leg routine I'd ever heard of.
Adamite1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
Mercersburgguy
Mercersburgguy
ready for a change
Brawn
Points: 811, Level: 15 Points: 811, Level: 15 Points: 811, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Syntha 6 Protein
My Mood: Happy
Mercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributor

I know I am very new to all of this butwas that the desired result you wanted with the leakage? Was this suppose to do that?
Mercersburgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
Adamite1114
Adamite1114
Is getting bigger.
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30

Training Exp: on and off 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
My Mood: Mellow
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercersburgguy View Post
I know I am very new to all of this butwas that the desired result you wanted with the leakage? Was this suppose to do that?
No creatine should not do that
Adamite1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
Mercersburgguy
Mercersburgguy
ready for a change
Brawn

Mercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributorMercersburgguy is a consistent contributor

Quote:
No creatine should not do that
That's good to know

Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
bgben3
bgben3
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28

bgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Anyone ever try herbalife? A "health club" near me did what they could to pull me into a pyramid scheme selling herbalife a while back when I was job hunting. Claimed they helped bodybuilders and powerlifters. Dude had the weirdest leg routine I'd ever heard of.
I actually have a friend that has a Herbalife Club. I have mixed feelings on this product. He has been trying to get me into the selling pyramid, I'm not interested in that at all. There products are actually pretty good, I buy them every once in a while from him, cause he is a friend and well he is a great salesman and its hard to say no to him. lol. Great product but a bit over priced.
NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
bgben3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #18
Mercersburgguy
Mercersburgguy
ready for a change
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgben3 View Post
I actually have a friend that has a Herbalife Club. I have mixed feelings on this product. He has been trying to get me into the selling pyramid, I'm not interested in that at all. There products are actually pretty good, I buy them every once in a while from him, cause he is a friend and well he is a great salesman and its hard to say no to him. lol. Great product but a bit over priced.
I have a co-worker his brother sales that
We were invited to a demo I didn't go bc
I know if I went I would be selling it ha ha ha!
The people at the office said the same thing
It was a little over priced

Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #19
GT55
GT55
Wants 900 in 1 yr
Brawn
Points: 965, Level: 16 Points: 965, Level: 16 Points: 965, Level: 16

Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Crunches of course
Fav Supp: A second plate
My Mood: Stressed
GT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributor

Took Niacin (Vitamin B3) after reading on here about the related spike in GH from supplementation. I had heard about flushes, but thought little of it. Well, 15mins after taking one tablet my wife wanted to take me to hospital. I was beetroot red and felt like I was turned inside out and left to sit in a sauna.
Fortunately only lasted a couple of hours.....
GT55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
bigalfry
bigalfry
Contemplating my first competition...
Sasquats
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,576, Level: 43 Points: 4,576, Level: 43 Points: 4,576, Level: 43
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: Beef
bigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT55 View Post
Took Niacin (Vitamin B3) after reading on here about the related spike in GH from supplementation. I had heard about flushes, but thought little of it. Well, 15mins after taking one tablet my wife wanted to take me to hospital. I was beetroot red and felt like I was turned inside out and left to sit in a sauna.
Fortunately only lasted a couple of hours.....
Jesus - how much did you take?
I used to take a pre-workout by CMI called NO3 Overload and it had zero caffeine and a butt load of niacin. It tasted like shit and always had a bit of a deposit in the bottom of my shaker but I had the most extreme mental focus I've ever had.

My supplement horror story was from (and I could be wrong on the name of it) aminovol. It came as a part of a three supplement kit for bulking. Second day on that I was insatiably aroused. I was going to college at the time and had to focus the majority of my efforts on hiding my hardon. My girlfriend (now wife) was frightened after we did it three or four times in a row and I still wanted more. We banged until I had a painful rash and her lady bits ached. The rash made having a boner hurt and I still had one constantly so I was in near constant pain for days until that shit left my system.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Deadlift 405
Total = 1061

Meet PRs:
TBD

Training Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17327
bigalfry is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook