Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 8,054, Level: 60 Points: 8,054, Level: 60 Points: 8,054, Level: 60
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Feel weak. What could be causing it?

So I went to the garage for my workout tonight, but when I tried to lift the weight,(Bench Press) I couldn't.

It was a feeling I haven't experienced before.

Well, I have, but before it was because the weight I was using was too heavy.

This time, it just felt like I was too weak.

To me it felt like my muscles hadn't recovered from my previous workouts.

I experienced something similar last workout too. (which was not yesterday but the day before.)

I go by the 5X5 parameters.

Work with the given weight until I hit 5x5, then when I do, increase the weight, and work back up.

It normally always goes a certain way.

I'll use close grip bench press as an example.

I'll work with a weight until I get 5x5. Then, when I've reached 5x5, I increase the weight.

When I've increased the weight, I'll get maybe 4 sets instead of 5, then the next time, I'll get 4 sets, and maybe 3 reps of the 5th set.

Then the next time I use that weight, I hit 5x5, and will increase the weight next time to repeat the process.

The other day though, I only got in 1, 2 or 3 struggled sets with each exercise after I'd increased the weight.

So I've got weaker and weaker in the last week or so.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART

2 workouts ago with bench press, I added my usual 2.5kg worth of weight on to the existing weight after I hit my 5x5 for progression.

Next workout when I tried it, instead of getting 3 or 4 sets in with the new weight like I normally would, I got 1 set.

Now this time when I tried that same weight again, I just about reached failiure at 3 reps.

So its been slowly happening throughout thew week, until this time, where I can't even get the first set in.

I'm not really sure what's happening.

There could be a few reasons I suppose.

This is the first week I added heavy skull crushers in, and my military press has increased in weight which made it considerably more difficult.
So that could've been something to do with it but I really don't know. Could be anything.

Anyway, I had to come in today and actually not do my workout because I just felt too weak.

I guess my questions are,

What could be causing it?

And what should I do?

I'm just worried now I'm screwing something up again.

Thanks guys.

- Linden

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 09-09-2013 at 02:40 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links