Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #11
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Saw this picture on Facebook:

This is such a massive misconception, it winds me right up. Eating clean is being organised and having a bit of willpower. It's not that hard. Training should be an event. It is not the same as eating your meals, hitting your macros and sticking to your diet plan. These people are just ticking off their sets and reps thinking that by going through the motions they will get results. Everyone upon everyone except the absolute extreme of genetic freaks and hyper responders to drugs, train hard. They think about their training, they work on form, they attack the lifts and they chase progression even if in a caloric deficit, tired, depleted, whatever. Diet is about educating yourself, planning and being disciplined. You need willpower, that is all. I will defend this point to the death: training is the be all and end all. If diet is the hard part of this, you need to train harder.

End rant. I feel better now

I totally agree.

I never understood people who say that.

I've been eating totally clean with no junk food for 2 months now.

I have my goal in mind, and I have enough will power to sacrifice those foods in order to get my desired physique.

Training on the other hand, is difficult, as it should be. Diet's a breeze compared to it.

My guess is that these people aren't training properly if "diet" is the huge haul whilst living this lifestyle.

EDIT: Besides, who said it has to taste like crap? All my meals taste great!

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 09-08-2013 at 04:00 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Members of Muscle and Brawn Forums have rated post 405514 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 26,461, Level: 97 Points: 26,461, Level: 97 Points: 26,461, Level: 97
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I am quite surprised that y'all find clean healthy eating to be so easy. I have been a work in progress on it for 10 years now and sometimes find it difficult to sustain, even tho I have no food addictions, with maybe the exception of Pomegranate's.

Perhaps it is because I am also gluten free and and pretty much Paleo. My definition of clean eating tho doesn't include Wheat, not only because I am celiac, but wheat nowadays is so far removed and GMO'd to death, that it barely resembles what mother nature gave to us. More and more people are becoming intolerant to it for mainly that reason. Even people who can handle it,, will usually see noticeable benefits if they so choose to not eat it at all. However, suggesting that to people who are not ordered by a Doc to to so, is like trying to get blood from a stone.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
My definition of clean eating tho doesn't include Wheat, not only because I am celiac, but wheat nowadays is so far removed and GMO'd to death, that it barely resembles what mother nature gave to us..
Surely wheat sold in the USA isn't genetically modified?? Corn and alfalfa is commonly GMO, but there's currently no international market for GMO wheat, so as far as I know it's not grown. I haven't checked this but I'll be surprised if you're right.

Unless you mean wheat has been genetically modified over the centuries by selective plant breeding? But then that applies to every other food too, 'paleo' or not. Good luck to anyone hoping to eat a plant that hasn't been genetically modified by meddling humans over the last x thousand years. From peanuts to bananas to sprouts to potatoes...

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Good luck to anyone hoping to eat a plant that hasn't been genetically modified by meddling humans over the last x thousand years. From peanuts to bananas to sprouts to potatoes...
That's a good point, even the humble carrot used to be purple, white, and yellow, beforehand, with the orange carrots that we get today assumed to have been a mutation of the yellow carrot.

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/history.html

Share with Facebook