Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #391
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 27,316, Level: 97 Points: 27,316, Level: 97 Points: 27,316, Level: 97
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post

9-2-13
Ironman Meet Training
BtB's
P-Poopy-Doo Doo Routine
Week 4, Day 1
Squats
135x 1 ...
Added Wraps
135x 5 ...
215x 9 PR ...vid. +10lbs, same reps. Did better with wrap support/help. Pushed myself as hard as I could.

215x 8 PR ...vid. +10lb, +2 reps.
215x 7 PR ...vid. +10lbs, + 2 reps.

Laying Leg Curls
Skipped, I suck lots!

Leg Press
Skipped, I suck lots more!!!

Planks
52.5 seconds PR ...lol,
Stay strong Jay ... Use Knee wraps. It will be helpful specially when your knees are not 100% fit. Still did a good session. Keep charging hard tough guy ...

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #392
I WILL
I WILL
says"will there be snacks?"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Well I read the whole thing! As usual I see PR's so all is not lost. Maybe meds will take some time to level off. Keep at it Jay.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #393
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,408, Level: 84 Points: 17,408, Level: 84 Points: 17,408, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiorio95 View Post
Hope that knee stops barking. PR's were made anyways.
Thanks J!

[quote=OneMorePlate;404359]
Quote:
Boss is coming down and maybe he'll spot something, but seems my from is good, sooooo???
Quote:

The Big Man I'm sure will figure it out.

Joint pain doesn't happen overnight likewise if you have made appropriate changes then it will take time for the knees to recover.
Watching your squats again you seem to be a bit uncomfortable in the hole can you identify whats going on? Shifting weight forward on feet, Hip & ankle mobility come to mind as areas to look into.
Then you have muscle tightness & imbalance to consider which hamstrings are likely the culprit.
You can systematically put in place work to fix these potential problems without knowing exactly what it is. Mobility work isn't going to take away from your training and an emphasizing Hamstring work is a minimal variable to cover the bases.
The above approach will fix most probable causes, however if its arthritic in nature or chemistry related then that's a completely different challenge.
I can offer you some stretches if you want to approach it in general, just let me know.
Thanks OMP! Maybe the boss will spot something? If you want to share stretches or exercises to do that might help that'd be great! Not sure if I'll actually do them , but can't hurt to try, or maybe it will??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
Something...anything...is always better than nothing Jay....hats off to you for doing what you could when feeling even worse than usual!!
Thanks Marvin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Hope you get well soon bro. You did some great work despite the bad circumstances and that's a win.
Thanks Nacho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Hang in there big bad Jay! Just keep doing what you can. Even through the adversity you still destroy PRs. Inspirational. There are talkers and doers, you are a doer.
I used to chew. Quitting fucking sucked! Way worse than anything I ever stopped, and I used to be a hard drug user... The thing about quiting chew is that you become an edgy angry bastard. Hang in there, I will say a prayer for you tonight, it will get better after a few days.

Keep working hard brother!
Thanks Josh! Edgy angry bastard is spot on ! Bad thing is I'm making my head hurt more getting pissed off at stupid sh!t every 15 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Stay strong Jay ... Use Knee wraps. It will be helpful specially when your knees are not 100% fit. Still did a good session. Keep charging hard tough guy ...
Thanks Ravi! Charging away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
Well I read the whole thing! As usual I see PR's so all is not lost. Maybe meds will take some time to level off. Keep at it Jay.
Thanks Lisa! You're the only one jk!?! Yea hoping meds will start being nicer to me, but whatever, just gotta do best I can!

Quote:

9-2-13
Ironman Meet Training
BtB's
P-Poopy-Doo Doo Routine
Week 4, Day 1
(Few Notes... Before I started I took some Ibuprofen, which basically did F'ing nothing! My knees have felt ok the last few days until last night. My right knee felt like I was being stabbed below my kneecap, left knee was tiny bit sore. I did nothing that would have caused my knees to get bad either! Anyhow I'm tired of skipping whole workouts and my legs will never grow if I'm sitting on my ass all the time!!!
Also, I've been taking Chantix again to help me stop chewing. I took it years ago and it helped with minor side effects. This time the side effects are kicking my ass! Sleep issues(like I don't have enough), feel sick all the time, my heads way worse and sex and lifting escalate my pain way more than when I wasn't on it, I gained a bunch of weight and I'm bloated(see my vids and look at my gut , my neck hurts 24/7 like it's a bad back pump feeling, joint pain and discomfort, and crazy ass dreams! But this is day 3 no chew at all, so I guess maybe it's helping, but not like last time. Needless to say I'm one crabby F'ing ahole!!! ) Ok stupid long boring life story that no one will probably read... over!
Squats
135x 1 ...got pinned, wish I was lying! Got to about 3/4 down bb squat depth jk bb guys, and felt like a spike went threw my knee and I dropped like a dive bomber! FARK!!!
Added Wraps
135x 5 ...hurt some but actually once I got going it was less painful!
215x 9 PR ...vid. +10lbs, same reps. Did better with wrap support/help. Pushed myself as hard as I could.
215x 8 PR ...vid. +10lb, +2 reps. Same sh!t, once I got going it hurt less til I stopped! Had a back pump from hell here and my head really got bad part way through the set. Think you can see in the vid, around the 4th rep, where I move my head weird, that's where my pain said quit you F'ing idiot!
215x 7 PR ...vid. +10lbs, + 2 reps. Gave it all I had for my last set. Actually still planned on trying to do the rest of my workout moron, but my head and knees together was too much! I suck!
Laying Leg Curls
Skipped, I suck lots!
Leg Press
Skipped, I suck lots more!!!
Planks
52.5 seconds PR ...lol, didn't get to find out how many sets I should have done, but didn't matter anyhow, after that I was done! Went longer than I thought I could, figured maybe 30-35 seconds! But I did a tiny bit of ab work, so it's something!
Done! 45 minutes total. Long session for hardly doing crap! Had I actually done the whole session, even if I cut the weights to half of last time, I think it would have taken 2 hours! While I disappointed in not completing the session, at least I did something instead of skipping another leg day/squat session! I know I suck, but at least in my mind no one can say I'm not trying my hardest! Not much of a consolation, but I have to look for any little positive I can, small as it may be!
Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlGvf...yer_detailpage

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #394
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,408, Level: 84 Points: 17,408, Level: 84 Points: 17,408, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

9-4-13
Ironman Meet Training
BtB's
P-Poopy-Doo Doo Routine
Week 4, Day 2
Bench Press Paused
Heavy Day
135x 5
205x 3
225x 1 ...vid. Ties what I did at the meet, no big deal. Missed last session which was top set of 220x 1(85% of 1RM, based on a 260max pause which I've never done)(Boss set my maxes). Didn't do 220 this time cause I figured 225 would be no problem.
210x 3 ...vid. 80%x 2 or 3 reps, did well.
195x 3 ...vid. 75%x 2 or 3 reps, finished well! Solid day on benching overall! Not sure if drop sets are paused PRs or not but not looking up cause I don't give a F'k! Add +5 next time!
Close Grip Bench Press
170x 10 PRtie ...last time I did these was a few months ago. Last few reps were sucky!
170x 7 PR ...+1 rep. little better than the first set, took all I had and the last rep was a grinder!
170x 5 PR ...+5 reps, didn't do 3 sets last time at thos weight a long time ago! Whoopy doo! Weight stays the same next time!
Military Press Light work
65x 15 PR ...these were F'ing tough for a light day! Probably should have used the bar!
65x 12 PR ...whatever.
65x 10 PR ...I was shot after these! Weight stays the same next time!
Pull Ups
BWx 15 ...lame! I miss doing these and haven't discovered a good spot for them. Instead of doing lame Curls, figured I'd do a max set of Pull Ups. Didn't expect much with the long layoff from doing them and being so exhausted, but happy getting 15 reps. Not sure if I'll keep Pull Ups here or put them somewhere else but I can't do them on my Dead day, way too much back work that day!
Done! 1 hour 5 minutes total! Good day lifting. Nothing outstanding, but I thought I did a real good job with my pauses, so think I'm getting stronger. This routine is perfectly named cause I feel like P-Poop-Doo Doo!!!
Vid

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734

Last edited by Hunterace; 09-04-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #395
fenrisulfr
fenrisulfr
Tired of lifting these baby weights.
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,589, Level: 68 Points: 10,589, Level: 68 Points: 10,589, Level: 68
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 3.5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Lots of PR. Some solid training there Jay!
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #396
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 27,316, Level: 97 Points: 27,316, Level: 97 Points: 27,316, Level: 97
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:

Quote:
9-4-13
Ironman Meet Training
BtB's
P-Poopy-Doo Doo Routine
Week 4, Day 2
Bench Press Paused
Heavy Day
135x 5 205x 3 225x 1 210x 3 195x 3

Close Grip Bench Press
170x 10 PRtie
170x 7 PR ...+1 rep.
170x 5 PR ...+5 reps
Military Press Light work
65x 15 PR
65x 12 PR
65x 10 PR

Pull Ups
BWx 15 ...lame! I miss doing these and haven't discovered a good spot for them. Instead of doing lame Curls, figured I'd do a max set of Pull Ups. Didn't expect much with the long layoff from doing them and being so exhausted, but happy getting 15 reps. Not sure if I'll keep Pull Ups here or put them somewhere else but I can't do them on my Dead day, way too much back work that day!
Strong work Jay ... Nice to see loads of PRs again and that you are bit satisfied with your working ... Keep lifting and smashing the wts. buddy ...

Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #397
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,103, Level: 100 Points: 34,103, Level: 100 Points: 34,103, Level: 100
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Keep up the good job Jay

Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #398
jiorio95
jiorio95
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,150, Level: 50 Points: 6,150, Level: 50 Points: 6,150, Level: 50
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Fav Exercise: Squat
My Mood: Mellow
jiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master member

Congrats on the PRs! Keep on moving forward!
jiorio95 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #399
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,486, Level: 98 Points: 27,486, Level: 98 Points: 27,486, Level: 98
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I would hope 15 pull ups not be lame as my max is 10 reps!

Pleased to see you had a good satisfying session Jay - you were due!!

Also hope the chew quit is moving along well.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #400
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,828, Level: 100 Points: 36,828, Level: 100 Points: 36,828, Level: 100
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Great session there Jay.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook