Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,518,123, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,123, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,123, Level: 100
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default PHF Thread

A thread at Prohormone Forum...

"So im on week 2 of pct. I dont know if its me but i seem to look smaller. I dont look pumped much anymore or have that full look to the muscles. Im still at 160lbs as of yesterday so i havent lost any weight and ive still continued eating well."

His height is 5'7".

I have to say this...and I've said it before...guys like this have no business using anything. It's a free country, so have at it. But seriously, if you can't figure out how to gain muscle without prohormones, how the hell do you think you'll be able to keep muscle with them?

160? Come on. I know he's a tad shorter then the average bear, but that is flat out sad. I would hate to know what he weight pre-cycle. 145?

I shit 160 this morning.

And I don't want to hear about hardgainer this, hardgainer that. Eat like a bear, train like a bear.

He would get more anabolic staying power with 4 McDonald's double cheese post workout, and a couple of beers.

Boys and girls...at least 2 years training like a bear before you play with the magic pills.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
swoleramon
swoleramon
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Stressed
swoleramon is new to the forumswoleramon is new to the forum

I found this from a Tweet, and I just have to say you're absolutely spot on.

Check out any forum and most of the guys are popping this crap and they weigh less then my grandma.

If you don't know how to push the iron, stay away from the supplement cabinet. You've bought into the supplement company bullshit.

Muscle and Brawn hit the nail on the head. Go eat something.
swoleramon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,518,123, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,123, Level: 100 Points: 1,518,123, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum.

A 160 pound lifter using stprohormones is like my mother blood doping so she can walk to the store faster.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,324, Level: 92 Points: 22,324, Level: 92 Points: 22,324, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Prohormones are taking over and especially younger kids do not know what they are taking and it really ticks me off.

The other day in my gym 7 out of 8 kids that were all 16 or 17 years old were taking Spawn by Myogenix which is a prohormone. These kids looked like they have never lifted in their life.

Best part, they give me shit, they dont believe that I have never taken anything. I tell them eat like a monster and maybe some creatine when you are ready. Stop looking for an easy way, lifting is fun, do it!! that is how i feel
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I know I tend to get worked up about these things, and I don't blame people for wanting a fast way.

But prohormones and supplements are really a waste of time if you don't have a grasp of the fundamentals.

I'm partially amazed by the amount of guys in their teens taking that stuff, but then again I'm out of touch with that generation.

There really are no shortcuts. Prohormones help, but they only help those who have helped themselves to begin with by learning lifting.

And back to your story Jwood...the skinny guys who are taking the stuff...they must truly believe in magic.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,324, Level: 92 Points: 22,324, Level: 92 Points: 22,324, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

May 21, 2009, 10:35pm, Muscle and Brawn wrote:
And back to your story Jwood...the skinny guys who are taking the stuff...they must truly believe in magic.

Haha, thats hilarious, and it doesnt look like its working for any of them.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

My Mood: Yeehaw
RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post

There is a well known skinny twig guy that eats 'em like candy...doesn't he Steve?!?
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
There is a well known skinny twig guy that eats 'em like candy...doesn't he Steve?!?
Yes, I've heard rumors of such a character. He believes they trump everything, including food.

Share with Facebook