Points: 13,101, Level: 74 Points: 13,101, Level: 74 Points: 13,101, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Lurking
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Thanks for that, jdm. I am trying to cover all bases by alternating having a TUT workout and an explosive strength workout. You may well be right about fibre types, but I've done lots of high frequency/low rep squatting without ever getting the leg shape I'd like, so there's no harm in doing a little experimentation.
I agree.
Attack and give the other fibers some attention!

Just don't want you thinking your training is poor. Real strength is better than physique in my book. We want it all though, of course!

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #212
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks for that, jdm. I am trying to cover all bases by alternating having a TUT workout and an explosive strength workout. You may well be right about fibre types, but I've done lots of high frequency/low rep squatting without ever getting the leg shape I'd like, so there's no harm in doing a little experimentation.
Hope it serves you well.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #213
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 136,919, Level: 100 Points: 136,919, Level: 100 Points: 136,919, Level: 100
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Thanks JD, BTB.

Friday

An OK session, which got hijacked by a long discussion with a guy about cheap fun cars. We discussed French cars (e.g. Renautsport Megane, Clio Cup), Japanese cars (e.g. Honda Civic Type R, Subaru Impreza), German cars (e.g. Audi TT), Spanish/German cars (SEAT), British cars. But we didn't discuss any American cars, because we're car enthusiasts .

Anyway, another TUT quads workout, because I'd messed up the sequence in my routine. First set of deadlifts after my holiday: not too bad. I was doing 227.5 X 3 before then, so I need to get back to that.

Deadlifts

180 (398) X 3
210 (463) X 4
210 (463) X 3
210 (463) X 3
210 (463) X 3

Bulgarian Split Squats - 2-1-1

Bodyweight X 10
Bodyweight X 10
Bodyweight X 4kg (9) DBs X 9

Slow eccentric, pause squats - 4-2-1

100 (221) X 5
100 (221) X 5

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #214
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Good session Tann....How do you like the BSS...I tried then once...didnt care for them myself..

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #215
markievicz
markievicz
is a Squataholic
Max Brawn
Points: 12,812, Level: 73 Points: 12,812, Level: 73 Points: 12,812, Level: 73
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Thanks JD, BTB.

Friday

An OK session, which got hijacked by a long discussion with a guy about cheap fun cars. We discussed French cars (e.g. Renautsport Megane, Clio Cup), Japanese cars (e.g. Honda Civic Type R, Subaru Impreza), German cars (e.g. Audi TT), Spanish/German cars (SEAT), British cars. But we didn't discuss any American cars, because we're car enthusiasts .
That was like a trip down memory lane for me right there. I had a good few of those cars as a kid growing up, was never a fan of the French cars, but will say I did love the Clio Williams, or anything Japanese........
Anyway, training..... Yes, still big and strong in my book Tann.
Interesting TUT theory , interested in that out of sheer vanity on my part

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #216
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,101, Level: 74 Points: 13,101, Level: 74 Points: 13,101, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks JD, BTB.

Friday

Anyway, another TUT quads workout, because I'd messed up the sequence in my routine. First set of deadlifts after my holiday: not too bad. I was doing 227.5 X 3 before then, so I need to get back to that.

Deadlifts

180 (398) X 3
210 (463) X 4
210 (463) X 3
210 (463) X 3
210 (463) X 3

Bulgarian Split Squats - 2-1-1

Bodyweight X 10
Bodyweight X 10
Bodyweight X 4kg (9) DBs X 9

Slow eccentric, pause squats - 4-2-1

100 (221) X 5
100 (221) X 5
Hey, the Top Gear guys came to the states and tested some cars. They were a bit cheeky though! (the hosts and the cars!)

Those BSS feel an better?

Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #217
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 136,919, Level: 100 Points: 136,919, Level: 100 Points: 136,919, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
That was like a trip down memory lane for me right there. I had a good few of those cars as a kid growing up, was never a fan of the French cars, but will say I did love the Clio Williams, or anything Japanese........
Anyway, training..... Yes, still big and strong in my book Tann.
Interesting TUT theory , interested in that out of sheer vanity on my part
Yeah, it's vanity for me too. I just want big lower thighs.

Anything French is wonderful in my book, they are God's own chosen people. And Renaultsport make some fantastic hot hatches. as for Jap cars, I had a big power Toyota supra for quite a few years, which I'm compelled to mention every time the topic of cars comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Hey, the Top Gear guys came to the states and tested some cars. They were a bit cheeky though! (the hosts and the cars!)

Those BSS feel an better?
I do like the corvette. I had a ride in one a few years back and it was f**king mental. In a good way.

The BSS were painful. I want to start using weight with them but the balance is quite tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
Good session Tann....How do you like the BSS...I tried then once...didnt care for them myself..
I hate them, but man, you can feel your quads working. I can't help feeling they're doing something.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #218
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Screaming quads workout.
In the U.S., we are more into big 4x4 trucks and retro cars with gigantic motors.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #219
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,646, Level: 73 Points: 12,646, Level: 73 Points: 12,646, Level: 73
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

All kinds of gains Tann.

Brings to mind small POS cars I've drove, kind of fun for a day but wouldn't want to live with one.

Sort of like a cheap bleach blonde barely 18 hooker with an open mind but vastly differing political views and some ticklish herpes.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #220
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
All kinds of gains Tann.

Brings to mind small POS cars I've drove, kind of fun for a day but wouldn't want to live with one.

Sort of like a cheap bleach blonde barely 18 hooker with an open mind but vastly differing political views and some ticklish herpes.
You wouldn't fit in most of the cars on our list .

I'd say most of those cars are pretty OK to live with, especially the Audi TT, which is built like a panzer. Personally I hate wallowy, unmaneouvrable, unrefined, characterless, gas-guzzling SUVs/saloons. Better the hooker than her bloated momma .

A friend of mine has the Subaru Impreza 'sportswagon' PPP. Now that's a really good compromise: reasonable ride, but handles like it's on rails, goes like a rocket, and you could fit a fridge in the back of it.

As some say over here when it comes to cars: 'German or Jap, the rest is crap.'

Last edited by Tannhauser; 08-10-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Share with Facebook