Squats
135x 3
135x 3
135x 3
225x 3
Wraps
275x 1
275x 1
275x 1 ...I took vids if these, but what's the point of loading and posting them! Noting to see really, were really hard, and should have been easy! Even the 135 triples were tough, aka I SUCK!
Leg Press
350x 15
350x 15
350x 15 ...last set I was struggling to get 15 ! After squats, every set I did, I tried to convince myself I did enough to quit for the day!
Lying Leg Curls
55x 15
55x 15
55x 7 ...I totally died on the last set! It was mainly because of my head, but not sure my puny legs would have got all the reps anyway! But since my head was about to crack open and spill my brains on the floor I stopped!
Leg Extensions
100x 15 ...planned on 3 sets, yea that didn't happen! If I did those I wouldn't have done any calf work!
Standing Barbell Calf Raises
225x 15
225x 15 ...again wanted 3 sets of these, didn't happen! I had nothing left to give, barely could move much less walk or lift more!
Done! 1 hour, and I rushed, well for me I rushed! Basically I worked and I've got nothing else good to say! I SUCK and I'm tired of it! Plus I'm tired! Yes I'm pissed off and in a sh!tty mood! Tired of my puny ass weak pussy chicken fucking legs! Have a great day all!

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #112
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Jay....unfortunatly I dont, and cant, share how you feel from your headaches and such. But I do feel FOR you when things get real bad for you.

That being said, you truly are an inspiration for me. How you keep moving foward despite a condition that would shut most, if not all, of us down.

Some nights I have a shoulder act up, or I feel run down, than I think about what you go through....and I realize what a pu$$y I am acting like, so I suck it up and move on.

Do what you can Jay....thats all you can ask from yourself.

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #113
Dray
Dray
is recovering...
Max Brawn
Points: 10,095, Level: 67 Points: 10,095, Level: 67 Points: 10,095, Level: 67

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
Jay....unfortunatly I dont, and cant, share how you feel from your headaches and such. But I do feel FOR you when things get real bad for you.

That being said, you truly are an inspiration for me. How you keep moving foward despite a condition that would shut most, if not all, of us down.

Some nights I have a shoulder act up, or I feel run down, than I think about what you go through....and I realize what a pu$$y I am acting like, so I suck it up and move on.

Amen.

Also, strength inevitably comes and goes a bit, Jay. I mean, no doubt you know this, but sometimes it pays to keep it in mind anyway.

Just keep smashin' weights, mate.

My training log
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #114
KD5NFW
KD5NFW
aka Buttercup
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,456, Level: 73 Points: 12,456, Level: 73 Points: 12,456, Level: 73
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
My Mood: Mellow
KD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite member

Jay you need to teach your babe ^^^ to sit back on her heals when she squats lol

Hey you put in some good work. They're not all gonna be PR sessions but every rep gets you that much closer to your goal!
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #115
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,572, Level: 98 Points: 27,572, Level: 98 Points: 27,572, Level: 98
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I'm at a little loss for words jay - don't think I have ever seen you this frustrated, but I get it. Been there, did that.

All I know that if you want bigger legs, and you haven't been getting the results you want, then you gotta do something about it. Assuming your getting enough to eat, then the problem is in the training. I don't see as how doing singles and even triples is going to build alot of size. That approach worked for me to build some strength, but not size. Steve already posted up that he was impressed at how you looked at the meet, so you got a good foundation. My 2 cents worth, is that if you can at all handle more repwork, then do it. Five reps minimum. Maybe do 4 sets at 5-6 reps or 3 sets at 8 reps. Do 1 assistance lift and call it a day, due to your head issues.

I am of course no programmer, but I'm just throwing this out there.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #116
miked96
miked96
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

My Mood: Relaxed
miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Bad day brother. I concur with squatter. Remeber the 5x3 workout I suggested for bench and military? Works great on squats at 3 or 5 reps. Start at 5x5 if your interested. 5 to 10 pounds a week.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #117
fenrisulfr
fenrisulfr
Tired of lifting these baby weights.
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 3.5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Nice rant bro! We all gotta find what works for ourselves.
For me on squat day, all I do is squat! I squat my ass off till I can no squat anymore. Plenty of programming suggestions but here is mine.

5/3/1. Joker sets, and first set last.

You got strength building in the warmup- to main sets, a Balls out PR set, some low rep power building sets, and finally more strength building sets.

If you don't like that, listen to squatter. We all get stronger doing multiple sets of 5-8.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #118
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 27,462, Level: 98 Points: 27,462, Level: 98 Points: 27,462, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post

8-2-13
Ironman Meet Training

Squats
135x 3 135x 3 135x 3 225x 3
Wraps
275x 1 275x 1 275x 1

Leg Press
350x 15 350x 15 350x 15

Lying Leg Curls
55x 15 55x 15 55x 7

Leg Extensions
100x 15

Standing Barbell Calf Raises
225x 15
225x 15
It was just a not good day Jay ... You can't decide only by working of a single day whether you are strong or weak ... If needed take a break of day or two ... And come back stronger .... Nothing to worry about ... Just take care of your head, everything else will follow along ...

Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #119
Hunterace
Hunterace
is mental!!!
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Amen.

Also, strength inevitably comes and goes a bit, Jay. I mean, no doubt you know this, but sometimes it pays to keep it in mind anyway.

Just keep smashin' weights, mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Jay you need to teach your babe ^^^ to sit back on her heals when she squats lol

Hey you put in some good work. They're not all gonna be PR sessions but every rep gets you that much closer to your goal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I'm at a little loss for words jay - don't think I have ever seen you this frustrated, but I get it. Been there, did that.

All I know that if you want bigger legs, and you haven't been getting the results you want, then you gotta do something about it. Assuming your getting enough to eat, then the problem is in the training. I don't see as how doing singles and even triples is going to build alot of size. That approach worked for me to build some strength, but not size. Steve already posted up that he was impressed at how you looked at the meet, so you got a good foundation. My 2 cents worth, is that if you can at all handle more repwork, then do it. Five reps minimum. Maybe do 4 sets at 5-6 reps or 3 sets at 8 reps. Do 1 assistance lift and call it a day, due to your head issues.

I am of course no programmer, but I'm just throwing this out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
Bad day brother. I concur with squatter. Remeber the 5x3 workout I suggested for bench and military? Works great on squats at 3 or 5 reps. Start at 5x5 if your interested. 5 to 10 pounds a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Nice rant bro! We all gotta find what works for ourselves.
For me on squat day, all I do is squat! I squat my ass off till I can no squat anymore. Plenty of programming suggestions but here is mine.

5/3/1. Joker sets, and first set last.

You got strength building in the warmup- to main sets, a Balls out PR set, some low rep power building sets, and finally more strength building sets.

If you don't like that, listen to squatter. We all get stronger doing multiple sets of 5-8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
It was just a not good day Jay ... You can't decide only by working of a single day whether you are strong or weak ... If needed take a break of day or two ... And come back stronger .... Nothing to worry about ... Just take care of your head, everything else will follow along ...
Thanks Marvin, Dray, Rich, Super Jim, Mike, Fen, Ravi!
I'm just pissed off at my situation more than anything! I know both my diet and training could be better, but even when I'm spot on doing things right my head F'ing kills both! When my heads bad I lift for crap or skip reps, sets, whole exercises! When my head gets real bad I can't eat, I get sick or lose my appetite completely! Steve and Brute were shocked that after the long meet I didn't eat dinner, no food during the meet either. Later that night I had pretzel bites at the theater, then a few snacks at the hotel, which I made myself eat along with a big shake that I almost didn't keep down! Add to this my knees acting up still, and all the time off that I lost before the meet, made me lose a lot of what I worked for. It's mentally frustrating to say the least. Not that anyone that loses strength from time off doesn't get bummed, but I feel like I have to work twice as hard to to what a normal guy can do, but I can only put in half the effort and work!
Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas along with your support. I'm planning on trying to do more reps on squats.
I won't stop training or trying to better myself, I'm just very frustrated and pissed off.

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #120
fenrisulfr
fenrisulfr
Tired of lifting these baby weights.
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 3.5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

You put into perspective very well. Respect, for doing what you can.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook