Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,531, Level: 75 Points: 13,531, Level: 75 Points: 13,531, Level: 75
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member
Default Home gym chronicles, diet edition; redux

For those who checked out my apex predator diet log, you already know that my last foray into low carb dieting was a mixed bag. I lost a lot of fat very quickly, but also lost most of my strength. When I started eating carbs again my strength returned, along with most of the fat I lost. The weight I gained back was primarily NOT kick back from losing fluids while eating low carb, but rather a purposeful choice I made to support strength development. I also just wanted to eat more.

Since my failure to reach my multiple goals with my last diet, I've been racking my brain to come up with a new plan. I have it now. I'm still not sure if it's the best way to reach my goals, but it's something new to try. I've got a workout plan that I developed along with a diet plan I want to use.

The diet I'll be following is extremely simple. It's based on carb cycling, but the purpose of the cycling is different. It's not about keto, or keeping up my metabolism or any of that BS. Instead it's all about finding a way to keep my intake down. That's all there is to it. I eat less on training days, usually, so 3 of my 4 training days will also be my carb days. The other 4 days of the week will be zero carb days.

On my carb days I'll eat like I've been eating. Every meal will have all 3 macros, but they will NOT be cheat days or "carb ups" or "refeeds". I'll just eat carbs on those days along with everything else.

On my zero carb days I'll eat the way I ate on the apex predator diet. Protein shakes with water during the day, then meat for dinner.

This diet will hopefully be the kind of diet I can use all the time to lose weight consistently but slowly. If after a couple weeks it isn't working I'll lower my carb days to 2 per week.

I'll begin this diet immediately. Tomorrow is Tuesday, which is a carb/training day.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Mid day on my first zero carb day. I'm super hungry. I had a protein shake with water for breakfast, and now I'm having some diet mountain dew. I'll have another protein shake soon, then another after work leading up to a nice dinner of meat. Not sure what it'll be, but I'm already looking forward to it.

I'm not sure how I did this every day for 2 weeks, but I certainly see why it worked.
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Well that didn't take long. Lately I've been all about steak and cheese sandwiches with lots of onions, and I just had a huge craving for onions. Then right after that it was vanilla ice cream. Carb cravings, and it's only been a few hours since I would have normally had carbs.
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Diet update: It's been a struggle. I know, most people struggle with losing weight, but just losing weight isn't an issue for me. I could be 200lb right now if all I cared about were looks. But trying to balance weight loss with strength goals is really, really hard. I'm currently weighing in around 233, but it's time now. I need to get into the 220's soon or I won't really be making any progress towards the 220 class.

I'm shifting my ratio of time eating carbs and time eating no carbs to hopefully kickstart more weight loss. It'll look something like this:

Monday- Bench day, no carbs all day
Tuesday- squat, no carbs all day
Wednesday- rest day, carbs after 5 pm
Thursday- upper body day, no carbs all day
Friday- deadlift, carbs after training
Saturday- rest day, no carbs all day
Sunday- rest day, carbs all day

So I'll still be eating carbs 3 days a week, but on 2 of them it'll only be in the afternoon/evening.

229lb, coming soon to a scale under me.
Goals-
Win.

Last edited by Soldier; 07-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Share with Facebook