Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Desi Ghee
My Mood: Angelic
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Looking Good Cutty despite all the sh*t going on. Fight it out brother. I am with you.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
Cutty
Cutty
beastmode
Max Brawn
Points: 5,427, Level: 47 Points: 5,427, Level: 47 Points: 5,427, Level: 47
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
My Mood: Inspired
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Thanks man, I like those quotes too. I'll start taking my D3 and trying to get outside more. I do have some adrenal fatigue since I'm immune to any stim including some that may or may not be "allowed."

Thanks master, we'll get it figured out

Just woke up and I'm about to head to the gym now to do some squats and leg work if I don't peter out before then

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #33
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Smash Dem Squats!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #34
Cutty
Cutty
beastmode
Max Brawn

Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Friday 7/19/2013

Tried something a little different with squats today. Did some singles and a couple doubles with pauses to try to get my setup more consistent and to get more pop out of the hole, so far I was happy with the results.

Squat - 225x3, 275x2, 275x2, 275x1, 315x1, 315x1, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1. Was in there with another kid he is nice and works his butt off but he kept talking and I really made him butthurt when I went above 315 which kind of was awesome

Straight Leg DL - 135x8, 135x8, 185x8, 185x8 - Was one set away from completely bleeding out on my shins. I really focused on holding the bar on my shins to the point where my lats were getting worn out, I've noticed I've had a problem with my deadlifts drifting forward as well.

Diet:

The diet hasn't been good since last night. I've been offered free fast food this whole time and it's something I've been trying to say no to, luckily I don't have a lot of money to just buy some whenever.

I'll call it my cheat 24 hrs. I'm going to low/no carb until Monday and eat plenty of veggies and meats and hopefully lose some of the bloat before Monday's weigh in.

Work went bad today because lack of communication and a gross lack of respect for me. Our new GM is getting moved to another store and they are moving the assistant GM that I've made good friends with to another store. Bringing in a new GM and instead of having an assistant GM we will have another regular manager. If they do not give it to me I'm turning in my keys and telling them I only want to be a driver.

Just keeping a positive outlook on life. I've been having a lot of negative thoughts and questioning some things lately but oh well.

Successful people do what they have to do whether they feel like it or not.

Link to log

Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #35
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 12,882, Level: 74 Points: 12,882, Level: 74 Points: 12,882, Level: 74
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Yeehaw
jdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite member

Awesome squats to re-start!

LOL @ butthurt kid!

Lats, lats, lats when dead lifting....even more so if you ride the bar back to the ground!

To paraphrase Alwyn Cosgrove and other pro personal trainers... "work the bad foods into your program"

It may be easier to apply when your counting calories, but you can't completely eliminate the foods you love that may be not so good....just account for them. Plus, cheat days are ok if you keep them planned and reasonable.

It's what you do 80-90% of the time that will dictate your direction....the 10-20% variance has to be there for life to do its thing... if we only cheated at weddings, birthdays, vacations, etc we'd all be a lot leaner!
"If you're not taking any risks, don't expect any rewards."
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #36
JBrown
JBrown
knows who he is and does not sweat hypocrisy - 180 lbs 40 years old...1200 or die!!!!
Brawn
Points: 1,832, Level: 25 Points: 1,832, Level: 25 Points: 1,832, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Dos anos mas o menos
Fav Supp: Visualization/Focus
My Mood: Relaxed
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Friday 7/19/2013

Tried something a little different with squats today. Did some singles and a couple doubles with pauses to try to get my setup more consistent and to get more pop out of the hole, so far I was happy with the results.

Squat - 225x3, 275x2, 275x2, 275x1, 315x1, 315x1, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1. Was in there with another kid he is nice and works his butt off but he kept talking and I really made him butthurt when I went above 315 which kind of was awesome

Straight Leg DL - 135x8, 135x8, 185x8, 185x8 - Was one set away from completely bleeding out on my shins. I really focused on holding the bar on my shins to the point where my lats were getting worn out, I've noticed I've had a problem with my deadlifts drifting forward as well.

Diet:

The diet hasn't been good since last night. I've been offered free fast food this whole time and it's something I've been trying to say no to, luckily I don't have a lot of money to just buy some whenever.

I'll call it my cheat 24 hrs. I'm going to low/no carb until Monday and eat plenty of veggies and meats and hopefully lose some of the bloat before Monday's weigh in.

Work went bad today because lack of communication and a gross lack of respect for me. Our new GM is getting moved to another store and they are moving the assistant GM that I've made good friends with to another store. Bringing in a new GM and instead of having an assistant GM we will have another regular manager. If they do not give it to me I'm turning in my keys and telling them I only want to be a driver.

Just keeping a positive outlook on life. I've been having a lot of negative thoughts and questioning some things lately but oh well.

Good work, Cutlet. I'm proud of my shin scars as well. Blood and sweat makes men but tears are for pussies
JBrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #37
KD5NFW
KD5NFW
aka Buttercup
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 11,994, Level: 71 Points: 11,994, Level: 71 Points: 11,994, Level: 71
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
My Mood: Lurking
KD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite member

Nice squatting Cutty!
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
Cutty
Cutty
beastmode
Max Brawn

Saturday 7/20/2013

I helped someone move last night from 10pm-2am. I had to be at work by 8 so I was a little tired and sore but it's nothing bad.

Got my GPP in last night and I was really happy with how quick I recover from running up and down stairs.. I'll breathe a little heavy but I'm ok within 20 seconds and it wasn't even a horrible heavy breathing.

Today went well, since I helped move they offered me some pizza so I had a couple pieces and didn't go overboard with it. Woke up today and have a 100 calorie snack pack thing, on lunch had .75lb beef with some cream of mushroom soup and a salad with some ranch, was tasty, sits a little heavy.

I had a couple tuna salad sandwiches just now and I'm debating on what else I want since I know I'm nowhere near what type of calories I used to eat, so if I'm hungry I'll eat more.

Got paid and I might spend a little and get a couple more pieces of my system that I need.

Hope everyone is doing well at the comp in dubuque.

Link to log

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #39
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Nice squats!!!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #40
Cutty
Cutty
beastmode
Max Brawn

Sunday 7/21/2013

So I fell asleep at 7 or something last night and ended up waking up at 8am today and I worked at 9 so it was sleep needed I guess. I got to work and it was very slow so I sat and wrote a couple articles on paper for my website.

I didn't have breakfast and got hit with some hunger so I went to McDonalds and luckily they didn't hear my order correctly because I went into somewhat of a binge mode so instead of what I said, I got the 2 sausage burrito combo and a chicken biscuit. I didn't want the combo but compared to what I was going to order I'm ok with that.

I got home and had errands to run, ate some manwhich with 2 open faced buns and then went out to a party and had a few jello shots.

There it was, Little Ceasars pizza and cheesy bread. I've had enough of eating that crap this week and denied myself the food. I had resentment, hate, cold sweats, and a feeling of anxiety but I did it I didn't get a piece.

No more excuses and mark every small victory towards your goals so you can appreciate just how hard you really have to work to achieve them.

I'm going to have to get one of those shirts that say something like "Caution: Dieting Athlete" or something like that lol I forget what it said on it

Love you MAB.

Link to log

Share with Facebook