Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
linedriver465
linedriver465
Work, Eat, Train, Sleep, Rinse, Repeat
Max Brawn
Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Inspired
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Will be following! Looks like we weigh about the same and I'm trying to bulk up to about 200 again too lol. However I track my shit religiously. Would you mind linking to your lifting log.

Looks like you prefer eating most of your carbs and calories in the evening/ post training?
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
mr_bigmuscles
mr_bigmuscles
gets psyched for ab wheel
Max Brawn
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: about a year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: meat
mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post
Will be following! Looks like we weigh about the same and I'm trying to bulk up to about 200 again too lol. However I track my shit religiously. Would you mind linking to your lifting log.

Looks like you prefer eating most of your carbs and calories in the evening/ post training?
Lifting log is here: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pri...ak-strong.html

Right now, I'm trying to eat carbs throughout the day. I want to gain mass and carbs are king for mass gain.

But, when not actively bulking, I do push carbs off to the end of the day. So breakfast, lunch, and snacks are no/low-carb, then I'll have some simple sugars right before training, and a shitload of carbs with dinner and dessert. This is mostly because carbs tend to make me lethargic (food coma), not because I particularly believe in "backloading" or anything.

To be honest, bulking up to 200 is probably not a good idea right now. I'm already sitting at 25% BF if not more, and I'm definitely going to fatfuck myself with this bulk. But it will motivate my buddy to lose weight, and he's never really been in shape, so it's worth it.

Log
mr_bigmuscles is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
Kuytrider
Kuytrider
is Yosif Zhelyazko Lynch
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bigmuscles View Post
Lifting log is here: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pri...ak-strong.html

Right now, I'm trying to eat carbs throughout the day. I want to gain mass and carbs are king for mass gain.

But, when not actively bulking, I do push carbs off to the end of the day. So breakfast, lunch, and snacks are no/low-carb, then I'll have some simple sugars right before training, and a shitload of carbs with dinner and dessert. This is mostly because carbs tend to make me lethargic (food coma), not because I particularly believe in "backloading" or anything.

To be honest, bulking up to 200 is probably not a good idea right now. I'm already sitting at 25% BF if not more, and I'm definitely going to fatfuck myself with this bulk. But it will motivate my buddy to lose weight, and he's never really been in shape, so it's worth it.
I made the mistake of getting fat and it took ages to get it off so be wary! I was 215 at one point last year and after a vacation where I was 207 pounds, I was horrified by how fat I was so I've lost 30 pounds since last August. You're probably not a big guy (like myself) if you're 175 and 25% so I would reconsider. It's great that you want to help a buddy like this and speaks volumes about you as a friend but for your own sake, I would think twice. You'll probably end up at 35% bf at 200 and this is not what you need!

Pity I couldn't act as a 'ringer' for you because I'd get back to 200 in about 8 weeks (at 179 now)!

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i bulked from 169.5lbs to 200lbs in a year, then cut to 190lb then bulked back to 215lbs, all I will say is when bulking just keep trying to push for strength in the hypertrophy range and that should insure most off it will be muscular weight.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
mr_bigmuscles
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn

mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor

Thanks guys. I might add in a 4th lifting day to make sure all those calories are getting used for something! If my fatness levels do get intolerable I might thrown in the towel. We'll see.

Log

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,114, Level: 40 Points: 4,114, Level: 40 Points: 4,114, Level: 40
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Interesting log, will be following along. Im 177 lbs and trying to get to 200 by January so similar enough goals.

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #17
kitarpyar
kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,744, Level: 94 Points: 23,744, Level: 94 Points: 23,744, Level: 94
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Interesting log. Subbed in and good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bigmuscles View Post
(we'll call him Ishmael)
Do I sense some strains of Moby Dick?
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
mr_bigmuscles
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Interesting log. Subbed in and good luck

Do I sense some strains of Moby Dick?

Well by the end of this I'll look like a big white whale, so...

Log

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
mr_bigmuscles
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn

chicken breast, 3 eggs, rice

1pc string cheese
1pc canteloup

2 burger patties w/potatoes & carrots & stuff

MOOSE TRACKS

Log

Last edited by mr_bigmuscles; 06-30-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Got a little ambitious... didn't actually eat all that

Share with Facebook
Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
mr_bigmuscles
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn

weigh-ins

Me 172.6 (-1.4)

Ishmael 240 (-2)

Log

Share with Facebook