Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
SaxonViolence
SaxonViolence
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Yeehaw
SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

I have never been able to hear hardly at all when I'm bent over.

Depending on the gym, lots of dropping weights onto iron, concrete or wood just might have a decibel level high enough to cause hearing lossóbut if I was the owner, I'd be more concerned about the abuse of my equipment.

I was at the gunstore years ago, when a dude kept dry-firing a Mac 10 over and over and over.

{Fires from an open bolt, don't you know?}

He was getting on my nerves when the owner shouted at him to cease and desist because he was on the phone.

A while later I read an article about how loud "Silenced" Weapons can be, and they had a list of the decibel levels of just the actions slamming shut on some of the open bolt machine pistols.

I was surprised that several, including the Mac 10, have actions loud enough to damage hearing simply by dry-firing them.

{And they were reviewing a fellow who gently buffered them with teflon and nylon to truly make them quiet.}

As a general rule:

If your ears ring, you've just lost a bit of your hearing.

If dry-firing a Mac 10 gets into the damage zone, sloppy weight handling can probably get there too...

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links