Max Brawn
Points: 4,291, Level: 41 Points: 4,291, Level: 41 Points: 4,291, Level: 41
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: The Compounds
Fav Supp: Dead Animals
My Mood: Lurking
dzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
Nice work man.

I will be switching to the powerlifter style in Aug.

What is your age/wt and where are you from if you don't mind me asking?
I really enjoy the 3/5/1 Powerlifting program. I hit it hard on the "3" week, take it somewhat easy on the "5" week and then smash the "5/3/1" week. I have made some good progress since switching.

32/212 Cornhusker state.

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.
-Michelangelo-

dzarello is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
dzarello
dzarello
is a 5/3/1 powerlifter in training.
Italian Proud
Max Brawn

dzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beastdzarello is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
What up big DZ! Going strong in here brother, smash on.
Thanks for stopping in Big Ben! I gotta try and keep up with you!

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.
-Michelangelo-

Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
dzarello
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I abruptly left M&S because the forum was becoming detrimental to my mental state. The forum was quickly becoming a bodybuilder vs powerlifter site. I was pretty much abandoned and was left alone to defend powerlifting. There were a couple of members really disrespecting Powerlifting - mainly that Lifting Heavy dude. When I called him on it, he denied it. So, I quoted his post and then he tried to change his story. They all even chased Big j away and Spart, as far as I know. I just couldn't take it anymore mentally. Another issue that was totally non sense was the locking out vs not locking out bench press. The list goes on and on.
I now understand why you left. I dont blame you at all. I have noticed a change on the site. It does seem like bb v. pl which is unfortunate. We all are suppose to help/support/encourage everyone involved. I think sometimes ppl forget that. The lock out vs not locking out argument was also getting real old. I have just tried to look past that. Unfortunately those issues are going to always exist. Filter out the BS and move on.

-Dave Tate-

-Michelangelo-

Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 23,908, Level: 94 Points: 23,908, Level: 94 Points: 23,908, Level: 94
Activity: 92% Activity: 92% Activity: 92%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I have thought about posting again there, but I simply don't have the time. I'm the type of guy who reads the whole post and then thinks about something to say, so visiting journals here takes up most of my online time.

I do miss some of the guys there, you included up until now. HDJoe is another. However, this is my "home" now and the members' here have been incredible to me. The respect level here is also something I admire. Lisa (I WILL) even came up with an effective treatment for my Birdshot for which I will be forever grateful.

I am sure you will find it great to be a Mabber as well DZ!
Bench: 253 lbs
Deadlift: 463 lbs
Total: 1119 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 290 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1295 Lbs
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
dzarello
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I have thought about posting again there, but I simply don't have the time. I'm the type of guy who reads the whole post and then thinks about something to say, so visiting journals here takes up most of my online time.

I do miss some of the guys there, you included up until now. HDJoe is another. However, this is my "home" now and the members' here have been incredible to me. The respect level here is also something I admire. Lisa (I WILL) even came up with an effective treatment for my Birdshot for which I will be forever grateful.

I am sure you will find it great to be a Mabber as well DZ!
It is hard to keep up on two logs. I do the same thing. I read the whole post and then try to find the right words to say.

I am really glad you were able to find someone to help w/ the birdshot. At least her treatment is helping. Thats always a plus!

So far, I have no complaints with this site. It seems like everyone is very welcoming. Thanks Jim!

-Dave Tate-

-Michelangelo-

Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
Jen_Zarello
Jen_Zarello
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 508, Level: 10 Points: 508, Level: 10 Points: 508, Level: 10
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 Year
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Relaxed
Jen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributorJen_Zarello is a consistent contributor

You are amazing! Keep up the good work. Thanks for being the best training buddy ever!

Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
dzarello
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_Zarello View Post
You are amazing! Keep up the good work. Thanks for being the best training buddy ever!
Thanks Jen! Your not too bad either!

-Dave Tate-

-Michelangelo-

Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
dzarello
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn

6/17/2013

3/5/1 Cycle 12 Wave 3 Powerlifting

Press w/u
65x5
85x5
95x3

Working
125x5
135x3
155x4 rep PR

Singles
165x1
175x0, 0

Press strip sets
125x5
115x5
105x5

CG Bench
185x5
165x5
145x5

Meadows Row
115x5x5

Shrugs
305x5x3
225x10x2

Banded Pushdowns
100, 50 w/ red EFS band
25, 25 w/ black mini EFS band

DONE

Very pleased with tonites training. I wanted a Press 1rm, but got a rep PR instead. I will take it. I felt very strong on the money set. Meadows Rows are fantastic. Shrugs felt very heavy. Was suppose to do 5x5, but opted for lighter weights and higher reps. I am still working on High Pulls. Once I get the form down, I might switch out the Shrugs for High Pulls. Have to wait and see.

-Dave Tate-

-Michelangelo-

Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #19
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 23,908, Level: 94 Points: 23,908, Level: 94 Points: 23,908, Level: 94
Activity: 92% Activity: 92% Activity: 92%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Do you count the weight of the bar on the Meadows Rows? Thanks for the suggestion of them last week, as I am going to try them. I figure using the fat end of the bar where the plates go on makes them more difficult.

Well done on the rep PR on the OHP. Those are hard to come by. Do you ever do any push pressing?
Bench: 253 lbs
Deadlift: 463 lbs
Total: 1119 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 290 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1295 Lbs
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #20
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzarello View Post
I have gotten a lot stronger since starting 5/3/1. I have gotten a lot out the program and try to practice what Wendler preaches. I want to continue the program for as long as I progress. I have learned more about myself and how my body reacts to certain lifts. I also now believe I have the power, strength and toughness to lift almost anything. I am very mentally aware now..
That's what it's all about RIGHT THERE. Keep things simple, get stronger, and learn what works and what doesn't. I like your journal and will be checking back often.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook