Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #61
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Linden, if you think you can increase muscle mass with minmal fat gain, you should give it a shot. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something.
I think in order to achieve that goal of noticable muscle mass with minimal fat gain will take a meticulous approach to what you eat. If you are disciplined and organized enough for that, go for it. There is no need for you to look like crap in the prime of you life.
Taking this approach, don't expect to blow up overnight, because it isn't going to happen. Also, keep in mind in order to keep fat gain down, you will have to modulate a bit, meaning bulk up a little for sometime, and cut a little for sometime. It can be done IMO. It's not something I would attempt, but if you think you can do it give it a shot.

And guys, keep it respectful in here, there is no need to talk down to one another or be belligerant. If you are getting frustrated, don't post, simple as that.

Thanks for the support Josh, I appreciate it.

Yeah I'll stick with 1-2 pounds a month, but my approach will be like you said to cut back from time to time like you said if I don't like the way things are going, if I gain a little too much fat than I bargained for.

I understand what the guys on here are saying, though I think the best approach for me personally would be to bulk up using the 1-2 pounds of overall body weight a month system like everybody suggested before (this should mean I won't gain much fat, even if it isn't minimal) while cutting back every so often

The idea is I'll bulk for 3-5 months at a time, and then do a mini cut for 2 to 4 weeks, to get rid of that extra couple pounds of fat. after that short cut I'll immediately resume my bulk.

I'll only do this mini cut however IF I feel bad about the way I look and its going to be detrimental to my modeling shoots which I do pretty frequently throughout the year.

I'm following all the principles everybody's told me on here, and just adding those mini cuts in here and there if I need to.

To me its a good approach based on the expert advice I've gotten from everybody on here, with a little alteration with the mini cuts to get rid of that stress of fat gain.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-05-2013 at 12:09 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #62
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Check my log if your interested guys. I feel I've cracked it.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook