Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,520,400, Level: 100 Points: 1,520,400, Level: 100 Points: 1,520,400, Level: 100
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Employer Nightmares

Now that I am free of my day job, I thought I would share some "employer nightmares"...

--My boss has serious anger issues. He has been known to smash employee's toolboxes to the ground in a rage, and to toss items (like flashlights and iron castings) across the shop
--My boss would get mad at you for doing your job. Before product left our area, it was his job to inspect it. But when you pages him, he was frequently angry and vocal at you for bothering him
--My boss would get angry over work-related issues. He often would bet angry if you needed a new workout order number, or if you had a question about a product defect.
--My new boss liked to call every a "fucking idiot" or "fucking asshole".
--My boss can't remember anything you tell him. Then later in the day - week - whatever, he would get angry with you because you didn't tell him.

--My bosses' son is a lazy slug, and was pushed up the corporate ladder because everyone fears the boss.
--"The son" harasses new employees. I spent 18 months watching this kids make fun of new employees to their face, calling them "fucking idiots", "fucking losers", "fucking worthless", and "fucking assholes."
--"The son" was violent. I have personally witnessed him tossing a $300 employee stereo into the garbage because a Christmas song came on the radio (his family are Jehovah Witnesses,and I guess Christmas music offends them), and beating the back on a machine with a broom handle.

I could go on and on for weeks, but you get the picture. Many have reported these clowns to upper management, but it appears that they too fear these goons. Disciplinary action is never taken against them.

My blood pressure is lower today.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
nighttrain
nighttrain
is heading back over the atlantic
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
My Mood: Inspired
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

sounds like you shoulda leveled the playing field when you knew your job was done..... i hate asshole... whay does everyone have to be BILLY BAD-ASS when they are in charge and they think they are untouchable????

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,520,400, Level: 100 Points: 1,520,400, Level: 100 Points: 1,520,400, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
sounds like you shoulda leveled the playing field when you knew your job was done..... i hate asshole... whay does everyone have to be BILLY BAD-ASS when they are in charge and they think they are untouchable????
You don't know how hard it was for me to bite my tongue heading out the door. I worked my ass off for them, and was rewarded by not being allowed to get any promotions.

Of course, if you were the bosses' son, or attended the bosses' church, or the day care owned by the bosses' wife, you got moved up the ladder. These are all true.

The other peons were labeled lazy and losers, so that he could keep them under his foot. It was a good deal for him - he kept the best workers in his area that way.

So many people want to be Billy Badass nowadays. I got sick of being told how replaceable I am. Is it so hard to treat people with respect and dignity...

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
TitanWIP
TitanWIP
is not TitanCT
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39

My Mood: Brooding
TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Man, you're not alone. I worked at a freaking KFC for 5 years during college. I killed myself with hours and filled in many times when I should have been studying. Then when I graduated, I gave them 3 weeks notice. The district manager happened to be in the office that day, and sent me packing on the spot. He talked down to me about my decision, and told me how I needed to live up to my responsibilities and give then a longer notice. Then he let me go. WTF?
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
nighttrain
nighttrain
Max Brawn

nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Punks, people are always trying to cover there own asses... thats why they where mad about the 3 weeks notice, cause they were gona have to trya nd find someother smuck to do the good job you were doing...

i have seen people transition outa the army after 20 years and there bosses not give them any time to take care of thier stuff... it is so much crap... i mean i have given this my all for the last 19+ years i think i deserve a little time to make sure i can survive on the outside.... i dont have a problem in this area as i am my own boss basically. there is no one else that knows my job so i can do as i please as long as everything flows properly... i will be ready to enter the real world when my time comes in 9 months or so... and i will walk out quietly just as you did Steve....

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
Punks, people are always trying to cover there own asses... thats why they where mad about the 3 weeks notice, cause they were gona have to trya nd find someother smuck to do the good job you were doing...

i have seen people transition outa the army after 20 years and there bosses not give them any time to take care of thier stuff... it is so much crap... i mean i have given this my all for the last 19+ years i think i deserve a little time to make sure i can survive on the outside.... i dont have a problem in this area as i am my own boss basically. there is no one else that knows my job so i can do as i please as long as everything flows properly... i will be ready to enter the real world when my time comes in 9 months or so... and i will walk out quietly just as you did Steve....
I was close to re-upping for 8 years Airborne/Special Forces...would have made E-5 in under first three years in service, but when I decided not to pull the trigger, they gave me no time to prepare for ETS.

My 1st Sgt made me put on my dress uniform, which I hadn't worn in two years...and which didn't fit well, and sent me on my way. He was being a jerk and for some reason wanted to embarrass me. If I had know that he wanted me in dress for ETS paperwork, I would have gotten it squared away.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
nighttrain
nighttrain
Max Brawn

yeo there are dickheads everywhere

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

My Mood: Yeehaw
RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Sounds like a place some ex-employee might snap one day and go "postal" on them.

Geez, man you are a bigger man than me...and I mean that! I can not take that type of treatment AT ALL! My temper over-rides my sense at times and I would have been out of the door long ago, but I would have left with a bang!
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
nighttrain
nighttrain
Max Brawn

agreed.... i woulda flipped... and if i hadn't when i quit i sure would have let them have it..

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Sounds like a place some ex-employee might snap one day and go "postal" on them.

Geez, man you are a bigger man than me...and I mean that! I can not take that type of treatment AT ALL! My temper over-rides my sense at times and I would have been out of the door long ago, but I would have left with a bang!
Believe me, I have been tempted so many times. But there just aren't that many jobs in the area that paid this well, so I had to suck it up for the family.

Share with Facebook