Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
schultzestrength
schultzestrength
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 323, Level: 6 Points: 323, Level: 6 Points: 323, Level: 6
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 4+ powerlifting,15+ other
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
schultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributor

Going from 405-495 in a short time is highly unlikely, even if you are realatively new.
For some reason, I can't get your video to come up. Alot of people will tell you something wrong with your form. The thing that I've learned about form is that there is no perfect form but there is a form that is perfect for you. You have to reinforce your form and work it. Unless its something like straight legged with rounded back and then you need to change. You are setting yourself up for disappointment and frustration by putting a timeframe on your goal. It might take you a year to reach 500 or it could be 3 months. Either way be happy with any progress you make.

Now one thing that really helped my Deadlift, actually all my lifts, was adding in a separate back day. I focused on pull ups, light high rep rows, face pulls, etc. Things to work the middle and upper back. I also think at your level of strength you would be better off not specializing on one lift. Your squat strength could help your Deadlift.

Geeze I ramble!
schultzestrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
fenrisulfr
fenrisulfr
Tired of lifting these baby weights.
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,388, Level: 67 Points: 10,388, Level: 67 Points: 10,388, Level: 67
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Training Exp: 3.5
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Worry about 445, not 500
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
JustinWorkouts
JustinWorkouts
EPF TN State Deadlift Champion
Brawn
Points: 1,409, Level: 21 Points: 1,409, Level: 21 Points: 1,409, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Supp: Whey Protein O.N
JustinWorkouts has made some quality postsJustinWorkouts has made some quality postsJustinWorkouts has made some quality postsJustinWorkouts has made some quality postsJustinWorkouts has made some quality postsJustinWorkouts has made some quality posts

JustinWorkouts is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
schultzestrength
schultzestrength
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 323, Level: 6 Points: 323, Level: 6 Points: 323, Level: 6
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 4+ powerlifting,15+ other
Fav Supp: Food
schultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributorschultzestrength is a dedicated contributor

On your form, I would suggest leaning back just a bit to get your shoulders behind the bar.

On your equipment, lose the gloves because you can't get a good grip with gloves. This will become a weak area once you get stronger and you run the risk of missing a lift. The belt needs to go next. If you are serious about lifting then you need to get a real belt. The tapered front of the belt doesn't give you anything to push your stomach against and the padded back really doesn't offer any support. You are probably just as good to go beltless. The last thing I would suggest is to take off your shoes for max attempts. You will notice almost an inch difference in the actual ROM of the lift.
schultzestrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook