Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
linedriver465
linedriver465
Work, Eat, Train, Sleep, Rinse, Repeat
Max Brawn
Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48 Points: 5,638, Level: 48
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Inspired
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

3/18: 2 scoops on squat + accessory day

Energy:
I went in to the work out feeling alright, but after my squat top set, I felt gassed as heck and had a sub-par performance on my accessory lifts. Energy tanked quickly, but hopefully itís due to the 10-day ultra low carb run Iíve recently embarked on

Focus:
Focus was pretty good during my back squat top set and surprisingly decent during SGDLs, but after that it tanked big time. I felt like a zombie that had to trudge through the workout.

Pump:
After SGDLs, I had a little pump in my upper back and lats. Leg Press led to a decent quad pump and RDLs helped me get a slight hammie pump. Overall nothing spectacular for a lower body day but Iíll take it
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #42
linedriver465
linedriver465
Max Brawn

linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

3/20: 2 scoops on overhead + accessory day

Energy:
On day four of ULC and my energy was feeling pretty high in the beginning of the workout but after my top set of overhead press, energy and strength levels tanked. Iím attributing this to very low carbs and hopefully next week, once the prep phase is over, energy will return. Still managed some decent volume though.

Focus:
Focus on the top set was solid, but during the accessory work, I had a hard time concentrating. I slept well and juggernaut definitely helped, but once again, the low carbs may be to blame as my focus has been on point before.

Pump:
Surprisingly decent pump in upper back and triceps despite not having any carbs Ė must be the agmatine working its magic

Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #43
linedriver465
linedriver465
Max Brawn

3/21:2.5 scoops on deadlift + accessory day

Energy:
Energy was ok going in to the workout, but considering Iím on day 5 of the ULC (<30g carb) prep phase, I wasnít expected miracles. The top set of deads felt terribly slow so I just hit some basic accessory and call it a day. No boost of energy but god knows how Iíd feel without the caffeine boost of Juggernaut.

Focus:
Had a pretty hard time focusing during deadlifts, but regained some focus during good mornings and leg press. Overall, focus during accessory was better than during deadlifts Ė I think Iím just ready for this prep phase to be over lol

Pump:
Great pumps today despite no carbs in my system Ė particularly after sets of 10 I noticed solid pumps in my hammies, quads, glutes, and abs. Nothing crazy, but I was quite surprised.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #44
linedriver465
linedriver465
Max Brawn

3/25: 2.5 scoops on bench + accessory day

Energy:

Considering Iím on day 9 of my ULC depletion phase for CBL, I wasnít expected much in terms of energy. Paired with the fact that just drove 12 hours and got like 5 hours of sleep, Juggernaut gave me a little boost, but I crapped out pretty early in the workout (which is what I was expecting). God knows how terrible I would have felt without juggernaut!

Focus
ULC typically means no focus for me, but surprisingly I mustered enough focus to hit 2 reps on the prescribed top set (switched from paused to touch and go). Focus was alright during the accessory work but I think Iím just looking forward to eating carbs lol

Pump

Slight pump in biceps and triceps after curls and skullcrushers; also had a mini pump in the upper back/traps after facepulls but otherwise, nothing of note. Being in such a carb depleted state, pumps are few and far between.

This entry marks the end of my Juggernaut HP tub

Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #45
linedriver465
linedriver465
Max Brawn

Final Thoughts
Energy
I like that the amount of caffeine per serving is listed Ė ideally I would have liked a complete non-prop blend but at least I know the caffeine content. Before my carb depletion, 2 scoops was a the sweet spot which helped me to power through workouts and accessory, increase strength and set PBs. Best of all, NO Crash!! This is always an important element to me

Pump
On the days I had carbs in my system, pumps were stellar Ė not only was there a nice pump after high and low rep work in nearly every body part, but I also noticed an increase in vascularity.

Endurance
Although this product doesnít specifically brag about increasing endurance, I did notice its ability to help me power through both high volume and moderate volume workouts. Before carb depletion I rarely if ever felt lethargic before the end of the workout. Muscles felt during and immediately after every workout.

Recommendation: If youíre looking for a moderate-high ultra-concentrate pre-workout that delivers both solid energy and good pumps, then Iíd highly recommend you use juggernaut HP

Share with Facebook