Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,286, Level: 64 Points: 9,286, Level: 64 Points: 9,286, Level: 64
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member
Default Thw scoop on SynMax Protein by MoeHeep

I recently had the opportunity to sample SynMax Protein by Muscle Gauge Nutrition. SynMax is a premium protein powder with 23 gr of protein per serving, PLUS, each serving has 6 gr Glutamine, and 5 gr BCAA's.

First of all, Props to Muscle and Strength for sending an entire 5 lb tub of the chocolate flavor. I have received samples in the past to review, and they send anywhere from 1 to 4 servings....kind of hard to give good feedback after 1 serving. Anyway, to really give it a go, and show my appreciation, I ordered a second tub, also in chocolate, since I drink 5 shakes a day, 2 tubs would last me 26 days, a decent amount of time to really see how it works.

#1. How does it mix. Mixes well, of course if you have a hurricane shaker cup, you can mix anything well, so this shouldn't ever be a problem. I mix it with 8 oz whole milk, and 8 oz water.

#2. Taste...... here is the downfall, taste was NO GOOD at all. It had a dry, bitter, chalky taste to it. So I tried to doctor it up. Added splenda, gave it a sweetened, dry, bitter chalky taste. I tried all water and no milk, all milk and no water. Honey, nothing worked ...until I mixed it 75% SynMax and 25% M&S Chocolate Protein Powder. That did it, it then tasted fine.

#3. Cost. 5lb tub, 65 servings = 61.5 cents per. Some might think a little high compared to what you can find, but when you subtract the cost of the Glutamine and BCAA you now DON'T have to buy, it's really a bargain.

#4. Extras Ingredients. Now I am on the fence about Glutamine, some say it is great to take, others say don't bother. I do not take it normally, but if it is included...why not? BCAA's on the other hand, I am a firm believer in and I really liked that they were included. The BCAA supplement I was taking was costing about 24 cents a day, with SynMax, it was included in the price of admission, and, And, AND there was considerably more in just 1 serving than I was taking separately all day. To ME, this is a BIG PLUS!

#5 Results.....now the big question.....How does it work? A-1. Since I added the M&S at 25%, it stretched out to about 165 servings for the 2 tubs, over 1 months worth. During that month, I had a noticeable increase in muscle size. I did not notice it, but my workout partner, and my son both made comments out of the blue. Of course, this could have been attributed to a number of factors, change in training routine, higher intensity, increase food intake. etc. I am sure it was a combination of all those, but none the less, it was still there. Strength wise, I did not see anything out of the normal progression I usually make. But then again, I have always taken protein powders, so I guess it is not the next "Miracle supplement" but it was a very capable protein supplement.

#6. Would I recommend it? YES, cost wise, if you take Glutamine or BCAA's it will save you money, and like I said, it certainly works as well, or better than any other protein powder I have used. The only negative is the chocolate flavor. I have not tried any of the other flavors but I will. I really liked the cost savings and the added BCAA's so I will continue to buy it until I find a flavor I like, or I will keep blending with M&S Protein powder. I liked it that much.

Again, thanks to M&S for the opportunity. If anyone has any specific questions, I will be happy to answer then, just PM me and I WILL get back to you.

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links