Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
IrishHitman
IrishHitman
will become a big sumvabitch in 2013
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
My Mood: Cool
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast
Default Egg Cookery

Hello all. I was inspired to start this by a post by EliteDreams on teh facebooks.

Lesson 1: Hard-boiled eggs.

I personally like to age my eggs about a week before cooking them like this. Store on their side for a more centered yolk.

Take your eggs, place in a pot where they will not be crowded. The more eggs you have, the bigger the pot you need. Fill the pot with water until it covers the eggs about 1/4 inch. Pour about a tablespoon of white vinegar into the pot and add a nice heavy pinch of salt. Place the pot on your stovetop and turn to high. Once the water reaches a boil, reduce to a simmer (little bubbles coming to the surface). Set your timer for 8 minutes.

This is the part that will help you peel the eggs:

Once the timer goes off, pour the eggs into a colander sitting in your sink. DON'T BE GENTLE. Breaking the shell now is going to help you later. After you do this, you can use one of two methods to shock the eggs and stop the cooking process. You can either dump the eggs into a bowl of ice water and leave them for a few minutes, or you can dump them back into the pot and let cold water run over them for a couple of minutes. Either way is just as effective.

Place the eggs into a bowl or pan of water and stir them around a bit to keep breaking the shells. You should now be able to use one hand to peel the eggs, and the shell will sink to the bottom of your container, making for easy cleanup. Strain the water through the same colander you used earlier and either throw away the shells, or, if you want to start composting, throw them in your compost bucket.

I don't know what the next issue will be, but I might have to start doing this on a regular basis

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links