Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
jackjacked
jackjacked
has no status.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

jackjacked is off to a good startjackjacked is off to a good startjackjacked is off to a good start
Default Motivation in the morning

What motivates you in the morning to get out of bed and go to the gym? I used to have issues with not wanting to get out of bed, wanting to sleep in a bit longer. But I have found that if I have all my stuff ready and see it when I hop out of bed, I get my butt to the gym because I have taken the time to get it ready. I also set my alarm on the other side of the room so I have to get up to shut it off, and when I do, my gym bag is there waiting for me.
jackjacked is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Greu
Greu
is leaning out a bit (more)
Brawn
Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
My Mood: Sleepy
Greu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributorGreu is a consistent contributor

I make sure to go to bed early enough that when I get up I have somewhere between 6 and 8 hours of sleep and even if I do not feel motivated that day I still go. Better to have a "meh" training session than no training session.

My motivation to go train in the morning comes from not having time to go any other time haha.

If you let yourself influenced negatively by others then you're following the path to failure.
Greu is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
MC
MC
is plotting World Domination from the Phantom Zone
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

The early morning is my only window to train, so if I miss it, it's a big deal. My motivation comes from seeing how far I've come via my training.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
dumberer
dumberer
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

dumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good postsdumberer has made some good posts

I am a morning person so I do not have issues with getting out of bed to work out. I prefer to get up early.
dumberer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
angie828
angie828
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor

I hate getting up early. But if I do not, then I have to work out later in the evening and that means less time with the family. So for me, if I get up early it is a win win situation for me.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
prchaser
prchaser
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 307, Level: 6 Points: 307, Level: 6 Points: 307, Level: 6
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

prchaser has made some quality postsprchaser has made some quality postsprchaser has made some quality postsprchaser has made some quality postsprchaser has made some quality postsprchaser has made some quality postsprchaser has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
The early morning is my only window to train, so if I miss it, it's a big deal. My motivation comes from seeing how far I've come via my training.
This is how I feel as well. If I can not train first thing in the morning, I will have to wait until the next day. And when I see results, I am motivated to do way more.
prchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
has alien fiberz
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 11,573, Level: 70 Points: 11,573, Level: 70 Points: 11,573, Level: 70
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion! Cat Batting Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Yeehaw
jdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite member

I'm not a morning lifter, but when I'm tempted to skip, I just show up and do that first warm-up set...after that, it's easy (and often a really good WO).

"Trust the process."
"Just get stronger, you bunch of knuckleheads."
- Steve Shaw, MaB Founder
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
IrishHitman
IrishHitman
will become a big sumvabitch in 2013
Max Brawn
Points: 5,991, Level: 50 Points: 5,991, Level: 50 Points: 5,991, Level: 50
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
My Mood: In Love
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

Time is extremely precious for me. Knowing I won't really have another chance during the day without sacrificing something I need to do makes me get up and go. Having a deadline helps my workouts. Also, trying to lift after work SUCKS. Cooking is a workout of its own.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
IrishHitman is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
HeidiK
HeidiK
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Time is extremely precious for me. Knowing I won't really have another chance during the day without sacrificing something I need to do makes me get up and go. Having a deadline helps my workouts. Also, trying to lift after work SUCKS. Cooking is a workout of its own.
I agree. I love to cook but hate the mess that it makes. Sometimes I have to work out after work and it stinks.
HeidiK is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook