Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Dingo
Dingo
is looking to gain 10 kilos in good shape.
New Brawn
Points: 660, Level: 13 Points: 660, Level: 13 Points: 660, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Inspired
Dingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality posts
Default Dingo's scrawny to.. not so scrawny?

Background
Okey guys first and foremost let me say thanks for a great forum. I got some help (or moral support) with my programming here (muscleandbrawn.com/forums/muscle-building-bodybuilding/8320-novice-program-pull-ups-chins-rows-chins.html) and while I didn't get started back then, tomorrow is the day(literally).

A little background; I'm in my late twenties, currently a student after working in a factory for the last few years. I have "started" working out so many times I can't count. I even have somewhat of an education in the field and I have a pretty good grasp of technique and programming, but I have never actually delivered in the gym over time so I'm still very much a beginner in this, both psychologically and physically. I know that my biggest hurdle is showing up, sticking with it and taking the pain. But I'm keeping myself accountable by starting this journal and hoping for your support.

Current stats; 172 cm tall(I think), 58 kilos scrawny, max lifts; I really don't know but I'll test for my 10RMs over the coming weeks.

Workout
I'm going to start out light for a few weeks with training 2xWeek. This mostly to get accustomed to working out again and to practice my technique. After at least two weeks of this I'll start the program proper, which means fewer exercises, fewer reps, three times a week heavier training.

Twice a week "back to the gym" plan while I also test for maxes;

Squats 2 x 10-12r
Deads 1 x 10r
Bench 3 x 10-12r
Rows 3 x 10-12r
Mil. press 2 x 10-12r
Chins 3 ladders.
Abs 1 x Max, 2x50%Max

Nutrition
Also I'll try to journal my nutrition somewhat. I'm going for weight gain, and more importantly strength gains. I'm not going to count calories and I'm not going to use a lot of supplements, but I will try to stay in caloric surplus by starting the day with a good breakfast and planning my meals for the day at the breakfast table.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck Dingo. Hope to see you smash your goals and then some.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How's the lifting?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook