Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
DieselWeasel
DieselWeasel
will deadlift 600 soon.
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
My Mood: Paranoid
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Snoop dogg has managed to stay in the public spot light and generate revenue for 20+ years all while amassing milliions of dollars. No one could be a complete idiot and achieve that.
Not saying I agree with what he did.
Again, there have been plenty of celebrities over the past few decades who weren't bright whatsoever, but who surrounded themselves with the right people who managed their finances, enabling them to become very wealthy and stay that way. In regards to fame, the media is responsible for pushing certain individuals over others, and keeping them relevant and trendy.

Quote:
And after this ignorant gem of a post I'm really not going to debate you on this. Because after this post, you are in the same category as he is.
How was that statement ignorant? If anything, it was quite observant. Take a look out there, and tell me I'm wrong. There's an abundance of white/asian kids who dress like blacks, talk like blacks, and listen to their music. At least that's how it is in NYC, maybe not where you live.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
How was that statement ignorant? If anything, it was quite observant. Take a look out there, and tell me I'm wrong. There's an abundance of white/asian kids who dress like blacks, talk like blacks, and listen to their music. At least that's how it is in NYC, maybe not where you live.
I don't believe you are ignorant Max, but you have to understand how these comments come across. There is no universal standard for how ALL black people act. There is no "acting black" and in saying that you're only playing on the stereotype which is what exactly what anti-racist movements are seeking to abolish.

We do live in a very multi-cultural world and what you're referring to is more a product of rap culture rather than "acting black". Plenty of black people don't act like that so tagging that culture to people who are black attaches a racial tone which isn't needed and isn't even very accurate as you pointed out yourself. Nowadays many white/asian kids take on this rap culture as part of who they are.

Less labels, I think is what we need.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
Hazzard
Hazzard
is proud to represent Muscle and Brawn. And Pop Tarts.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
My Mood: Sleepy
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

What Faz said.

Also, it's Snoop Lion now.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook