Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Trevor Lane
Trevor Lane
wants to be like Kaz
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,234, Level: 67 Points: 10,234, Level: 67 Points: 10,234, Level: 67
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
My Mood: Aggressive
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast
Default Training for Strongman without strongman implements?

So, I have decided to do my first strongman competition in July: http://www.nastrongman.com/pdf/2011/ltr.pdf, but I do not currently have access to any strongman implements and may not until after this contest. So, I was curious about thoughts on approximating events with standard barbells & dumbbells. My thought was to train something like this (at least until I can get access to some implements):
Tuesday - Push my Honda pilot, with my dad "driving" (might be able to build or buy a harness to pull with)
Thursday - Axle clean-and-press approximation using Fat Gripz (clean once, press for reps) 175-225 in case they consolidate novice & lightweight
Chain Yoke walk approximation using loaded barbell 450-500 lbs for 80, one turn (60 second limit)
Saturday - Zercher Deadlift to approximate atlas stones, shooting for 295
TBD approximation for trailer deadlift shooting for 525 (might move this to Tuesday & use a wheelbarrow to approximate the trailer)

Any suggestions are welcome, and please recommend any other implement "approximations" you may know of for other strongman events in case other members are interested in them.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links