Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,505,783, Level: 100 Points: 1,505,783, Level: 100 Points: 1,505,783, Level: 100
Activity: 71% Activity: 71% Activity: 71%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Should I have a Re-Feed Day?

I've been hard at cutting all month, and have stuck strictly between 2300 to 2600 calories each day. I have lost 19 pounds.

Should I allow myself a cheat day/meal today? Mentally I know this might be good for leptin levels, but I don't have cravings for "more" food. Thoughts?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Yes.

In the long run your not going to hamper anything.

What do you want?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,505,783, Level: 100 Points: 1,505,783, Level: 100 Points: 1,505,783, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Yes.

In the long run your not going to hamper anything.

What do you want?
I'm not craving anything. That's one of the reasons I like the Warrior Diet style of eating.

I think if I do cheat, I will just add in a lunch today. Nothing big though.

I thought about eating chips or ice cream, but don't want a food hangover tomorrow.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Ice cream! I skipped Ice Cream yesterday.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

not totally related to this, but it made me think of this.

this week i started with th spike approach. after yesterdays cheat, i woke up feeling lean and mean, and actually noticed small progress... thanks BTB
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
not totally related to this, but it made me think of this.

this week i started with th spike approach. after yesterdays cheat, i woke up feeling lean and mean, and actually noticed small progress... thanks BTB
You're welcome. Cheat days do wonders for the next workout.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You're welcome. Cheat days do wonders for the next workout.
too bad i dont go heavy on sundays . maybe i will go heavy presses since i skipped them yesterday.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
Kpettitt
Kpettitt
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn
Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28

My Mood: Cheeky
Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

You should deffinatly do a re-feed!! I do one or two a week!! I'm eating low carb and stay around 110g a day with over 200g of protein, then on my re-feed I eat 135g of protein, and 380g of carbs.... its crazy!! I think I like the idea of a re-feed day better than a cheat meal day because I feel more incontrol. It sounds like you are the same way- afraid a cheat meal with mess up your whole plan?> Re-feeds I pick the foods- I know what the macros are, and I don't feel like I've done any damage to my diet. You should look into that. And I still ate ice cream on my re-feed day. I had a pumpkin fried soy ice cream dessert. Pumpkin, soy ice cream rolled in multigrain cereal, then drizzled with agava. Clean yet affective! lol
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I ate a pound of ground turkey with ranch dressing, and had a roll to go with it. Re-feed done.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
onetiredkris
onetiredkris
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I ate a pound of ground turkey with ranch dressing, and had a roll to go with it. Re-feed done.
Thats a sweet refeed!

Are you on any lowcarb type diets?
I generally make my refeeds a huge carb meal.
onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook