Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,184, Level: 100 Points: 34,184, Level: 100 Points: 34,184, Level: 100
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Default Andrey Malanichev Tasmanian Championship

1070kg RAW total

Last edited by big_swede; 03-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
ONpump17
ONpump17
Desiderium Firmum, Semper Ardens
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Water
My Mood: Asleep
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

Malanichev is one hell of a lifter.
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,551,031, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,031, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,031, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

He mad that 400kg and 430kg squat look way too easy. Long pause on the bench too.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 34,184, Level: 100 Points: 34,184, Level: 100 Points: 34,184, Level: 100
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Most impressive lifts ive seen in a long time, He moved like a machine - If there is such a thing as perfect form, he has it!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Amazing lifter, I've been looking into his training a lot recently.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,551,031, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,031, Level: 100 Points: 1,551,031, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Amazing lifter, I've been looking into his training a lot recently.
Any specifics you can share?

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

As it happens, yes!

Apparently; his routine is a personalised plan written by Sheiko himself. Sheiko is apparently still the Russian National coach and posts on russian forums sometimes.

His routine is mostly the powerlifts except additional banded/chained work which I assume emphasises the top range. Deadlift partials are of course standard-fare in Sheiko routines but the addition of Lockouts, Bench with Chains serve the purpose of overloading the top ends which make the set up appropriate for an equipped lifter or just one who struggles with the top end. Strangely enough Squat with chains or Squat lockouts are omitted, presumably Malinachev doesn't have a weakness at the top end.

Benching is done upto 9 times a week, Deadlifts done 4-5 times and Squats also 4-5 times, this is including variations but mainly the lifts are used. The percentages range from 65-80 which is generally a little lower than most routines call for. But again I can understand the benefit of this to a highly efficient and strong lifter like Malinachev.

Typical to most Sheiko routines the weeks vary in intensity and volume, something like H-M-H-L. The days in the week generally vary in the same fashion.

See attached spreadsheet.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Sheiko_Belyaev-Sept-2008.xls (54.0 KB, 105 views)

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,858, Level: 100 Points: 36,858, Level: 100 Points: 36,858, Level: 100
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

That sounds crazy but I guess if you want exceptional results...

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
That sounds crazy but I guess if you want exceptional results.
I think like any (especially advanced) routine, it's not something you would take and immediately run as is. But we can learn from the general principles and apply them to the direction our training is going.

This was the point I was trying to get across here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
2) Getting away from this idea of routines as 'absolutes'. A very famous (in some circles) educational reformer called John Dewey put forward the idea that there were 3 Stages of Learning in any endeavour. To apply these to lifting weights we have the following; a phase of being told what to do, a second phase of adapting to routines by reacting to previous routines and a final third phase of reflexively producing routines ourselves.

a) Discussing 'routines' with beginners is a necessity, because they don't have the ability yet to act reflexively to training or even the ability to react to training because they do by and large have little or no training experience. So they need a certain amount of spoon-feeding. This is the reason that countless answers to beginner training questions often end with 'Do Madcows'. Which is not bad advice really, they don't need to know more than that for the first few months.

b) The next step in training education is to begin to think somewhat reflectively on training. To look at what has worked for you and then to try and apply that again. However, unless they are coached the next step in their training education must come from the trainee themselves and this is where people begin to show signs of a deeper understanding of training. When they actually stop bouncing around from one routine to another and start to really think about the principles of what works and what doesn't for them.

c) The final step in training education is to be able to create effective programmes yourself freely. At that stage you have enough training knowledge to engage creatively in the creation process of routines.

Most of what we are doing engaging in this thread is third level learning. Which is why you don't tend to see much by Btb, Pull or I talking about the particular's of any given routine. This is why I also completely dislike favouring one routine over all others and consider that to be close minded and ultimately self-defeating. By and large we discuss principles behind routines and what we are left with is completely original ideas and discussions which are tailored to us. That is what I hope yourself and Kuyt can realise are the possibilities. It's all too cliche to say 'find what works for you', however I hope what I have illustrated above is a realistic way to determine why and how you can arrive at finding what works for you. At a certain level you won't need to concern yourself with this routine or that one, you can pick out various aspects of routines which work for you and match that with your own experience, then concentrate in a very real way on what works for you.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
The percentages range from 65-80 which is generally a little lower than most routines call for.
That's the most interesting part to me. It's like a bulldozer. Slow, low and destroying PRs.

Share with Facebook