Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
heavyweight
heavyweight
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

heavyweight is off to a good startheavyweight is off to a good startheavyweight is off to a good start

Skip it. You do not need one really. Just observe others at the gym, ask questions if you have to. And work on this forum will help you become a great lifter.
heavyweight is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
SeventySeven
SeventySeven
Pursuing progression with aggression
Max Brawn
Points: 5,526, Level: 47 Points: 5,526, Level: 47 Points: 5,526, Level: 47
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
My Mood: Twisted
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Most guys i know hire prep coaches going into competiton, but there is an abundance of info on the internet to study, i would take that route first. I hired a coach because he was DIRT cheap haha and very crediable.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

I started with a trainer. I still use them on occasion. Im working with John Meadows right now, actually. You can read and read and read and watch, etc. Some trainers arent gonna give up the good stuff unless you pay them. Working with Meadows has been amazing. His workouts are awesome. He takes and uses or modifies fro many theories and thoughta unto a cohesive style.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
heavyweight
heavyweight
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

heavyweight is off to a good startheavyweight is off to a good startheavyweight is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
I started with a trainer. I still use them on occasion. Im working with John Meadows right now, actually. You can read and read and read and watch, etc. Some trainers arent gonna give up the good stuff unless you pay them. Working with Meadows has been amazing. His workouts are awesome. He takes and uses or modifies fro many theories and thoughta unto a cohesive style.
I agree that many only will say what to do if you pay them. I can not say I blame them as this is their way of living.
heavyweight is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
Probably true. But, since I had to have an induction with a "trainer" before being permitted to use the fitness zone, and ended up with a back injury due to that trainer's advice, having never injured my back whilst working out at home on deadlifts and such, you can bet I will not shell out more money and hire him.

Some trainers are just not so great, the title of trainer doesn't necessarily make them safe and it's still a case of selecting people you can trust as knowledgeable in that field; just saying.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
Jamesw
Jamesw
who turned out the lights?
Brawn
Points: 1,398, Level: 20 Points: 1,398, Level: 20 Points: 1,398, Level: 20
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: plyo pistol
Jamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributor

Just don't use a washed up high school jock trainer at a big box gym. Really you don't need one, you can educate yourself.
"When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character." -Henry Rollins
Jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Babs, totally agree. Some trainers are complete bullshit. I always check credentials and speak to former and current clients
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook