Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
jhuse2
jhuse2
has no status.
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Happy
jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Those numbers are 1RM. I thought they were a workout weight.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #12
jhuse2
jhuse2
has no status.
Big Tex
Max Brawn

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

I have got a long run ahead of me.

Workout Log
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #13
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Among mortals this is more or less accurate, however when your a competitor,you can never, ever lift enough, you may hit a standard but that number will always change. Still its nice to be "elite" at Press assuming its push, and the deadlift. Being advanced in the Bench press and in the squat.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,941, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,941, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,941, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuse2 View Post
I have got a long run ahead of me.
It comes faster after you get over "the hump" and have solid technique and confidence in your ability to progress.

I believe I am going to progress every workout. This confidence is a key ingredient. I see too many young lifters each day with a mindset of failure..."I'm stuck, I need a new program!"

I've used basically the same routine for 20 years. The last 3 years I've played around. Some might argue, but I believe that for beginners and intermediates, drive and will to succeed is more important then routine.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
It comes faster after you get over "the hump" and have solid technique and confidence in your ability to progress.

I believe I am going to progress every workout. This confidence is a key ingredient. I see too many young lifters each day with a mindset of failure..."I'm stuck, I need a new program!"

I've used basically the same routine for 20 years. The last 3 years I've played around. Some might argue, but I believe that for beginners and intermediates, drive and will to succeed is more important then routine.
Definitely, couldn't agree more.Training programs don't lift weights,you do,they programs build confidence. Only you can load the bar, and lift the weight. Louie Simmons or Wendler won't do it for you.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #16
jhuse2
jhuse2
has no status.
Big Tex
Max Brawn

Thanks, The confidence maybe what is slowing me down alittle. I added weight this week. I guess I will take one week at a time.

Workout Log
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:

I agree. My best and fastest progress came with a "no fear, no excuses" and a "train harder AND smarter" approach. There are more tricks to improve a lagging lift than there are lifts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Only you can load the bar, and lift the weight. Louie Simmons or Wendler won't do it for you.
Awesome quote!

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,941, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,941, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,941, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuse2 View Post
Thanks, The confidence maybe what is slowing me down alittle. I added weight this week. I guess I will take one week at a time.
Confidence takes time. And sometimes the best thing you can do is stick with a program for 6 months or longer no matter what. If there's "no way out" odds are you'll fight your way out.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook