Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Busy
Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

sounds like an interesting workout, good way to change things up.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #732
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Wednesday DE Lower Body
Today's workout was a little different than usual, did a lower body workout with some of the bench crew and they do things a little differently than I do

Speed Box Squat plus strong band
205x8x3
Box was very low, but I felt good and fast

Speed deadlift plus 2 short average bands
245x3x5
295x2x4
305x2x5,6
The speed deadlifts were higher reps which I am not used to, but one of the lifters is starting to train for a strongman competition and this is how he trains so I thought it would be good to try

Log clean and press (first time doing this, weird!)
165x5
215x1
185x5
this was very difficult and awkward, had trouble getting the technique down, but I can worry about that in the future, it was fun.

Today was a very enjoyable lift, got to do some new stuff and see how other very strong people work their lower bodies.
Looks like a good workout brother, I enjoy using the bands as well..i don't have the strong bands just the monster minis from elitefts, and the one above that tension. I need to purchase some strong bands..

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #733
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,018, Level: 92 Points: 22,018, Level: 92 Points: 22,018, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good to hear all went well. Any clue how much tension those bands brign at the top of the lift?
Not sure how much tension was at the top, it was quite a bit, I would approximate around 100-150 pounds at the top it is about 120 when we bench with these bands so I figure it is around the same or at least close. I felt like I get more tension when looping a light band around the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
Looks like a good workout brother, I enjoy using the bands as well..i don't have the strong bands just the monster minis from elitefts, and the one above that tension. I need to purchase some strong bands..
Strong bands are definitely key if you want to squat with bands. The only problem I have with the full length bands is that there is close to no tension at the bottom and this is where all my problems are. I am trying to focus on exploding out of the bottom instead of just lifting out of the bottom.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #734
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,018, Level: 92 Points: 22,018, Level: 92 Points: 22,018, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Looks like this will be my last workout of this log, monday begins a new adventure of chaos and pain.

ME Bench Press
155x8, 245x8, 295x3, 315x1, 335xmiss, 335x1, 315x1, 245x14
I did not have great bench workout, really just not feeling that great but the workout was a lot of fun.

Log Press
185x15,12,11

Skull Crushers
75x3x8 plus mini band

Upright rows
75x3x10

Tricep push down
70x3x8 plus mini band

Workout was a lot of fun, some of the guys from the bench crew got their bench shirts on and things got crazy. Multiple benches of 500, and the leader did 510 for a double in a single ply shirt. He also got out another shirt which is triple ply, but he could not get 555 to touch 3 boards so he stopped that.

It was really fun to watch and really distracting so I just enjoyed the show and did not really worry too much about my workout. Really fun stuff, heavy benches with a few beers, great friday night workout.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #735
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Looks like this will be my last workout of this log, monday begins a new adventure of chaos and pain.

ME Bench Press
155x8, 245x8, 295x3, 315x1, 335xmiss, 335x1, 315x1, 245x14
I did not have great bench workout, really just not feeling that great but the workout was a lot of fun.

Log Press
185x15,12,11

Skull Crushers
75x3x8 plus mini band

Upright rows
75x3x10

Tricep push down
70x3x8 plus mini band

Workout was a lot of fun, some of the guys from the bench crew got their bench shirts on and things got crazy. Multiple benches of 500, and the leader did 510 for a double in a single ply shirt. He also got out another shirt which is triple ply, but he could not get 555 to touch 3 boards so he stopped that.

It was really fun to watch and really distracting so I just enjoyed the show and did not really worry too much about my workout. Really fun stuff, heavy benches with a few beers, great friday night workout.
looks good man,

i know what you mean. every once in a while theres a huge fucker benching 300+ (crazy at my gym) and i stop to watch
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #736
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,470,330, Level: 100 Points: 1,470,330, Level: 100 Points: 1,470,330, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

510 for doubles and beer! Sounds like my idea of a good time. It's amazing how powerlifters can actually pull you from OCD-land and make lifting fun. My real first powerlifting friend cracked so many of my OCD bodybuilding beliefs that I felt relieved. He would workout and then ram pizza and beer.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #737
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
510 for doubles and beer! Sounds like my idea of a good time. It's amazing how powerlifters can actually pull you from OCD-land and make lifting fun. My real first powerlifting friend cracked so many of my OCD bodybuilding beliefs that I felt relieved. He would workout and then ram pizza and beer.
this shows the difference between your "fitness lifters" and powerlifters
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #738
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

My Mood: Busy
Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
this shows the difference between your "fitness lifters" and powerlifters
Yep they are two different beasts for sure. Was reading an interesting article on T-nation about the diet of a power lifter, was insane. Like ordering a pizza with everything on it, then covering it with half a bottle of olive oil and eating the whole f'in thing.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook