Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
jhuse2
jhuse2
has no status.
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Happy
jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Steve, Would the bulldozer method work better if you were on for two weeks like you state and then train hard 2 or 3 months then bulldoze again.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuse2 View Post
Steve, Would the bulldozer method work better if you were on for two weeks like you state and then train hard 2 or 3 months then bulldoze again.
You could bulk in 2 week spurts at any time. The key is really to have a consistent caloric intake when bulking so you tell your body this is how it's going to be.

Whenever you try a 2 week bulk, just make sure you ran a consistent caloric average for a couple weeks beforehand. You want to maximize the bulk by giving the body a new level of calories to adapt to.

I believe - based on the studies - that if you ran a clean bulk for 3 months at 300 calories over maintenance, and then ate 1500 more then this for 2 weeks, that you would get the muscle growth "spurt" associated with this form of bulking. It may only be a pound to two pounds of muscle, but that's a big jump for 2 weeks times. An average beginner training hard could gain about 0.3 pounds per week on a clean bulk (on the average). So in theory, with a bulk spurt you could almost double your muscle gains for a short period of time.

Of course, the price for this gain could be 3 to 5 pounds of fat in a 2 week period. Therefore, it's not for everyone.

Consider cycles of heavy food to be the natural anabolic.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-07-2010 at 11:41 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
kitarpyar
kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,884, Level: 94 Points: 23,884, Level: 94 Points: 23,884, Level: 94
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Bulldozer bulking looks good. At present, I am just trying to maintain my bodyweight. You think it might be a good idea to eat at a deficit for the first 2.5 weeks when I use sub-maximal weights and then try bull-dozer bulking for the next 1.5 weeks when I first try to equal my previous max, and then go past it in the next session?
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Bulldozer bulking looks good. At present, I am just trying to maintain my bodyweight. You think it might be a good idea to eat at a deficit for the first 2.5 weeks when I use sub-maximal weights and then try bull-dozer bulking for the next 1.5 weeks when I first try to equal my previous max, and then go past it in the next session?
It might not be a bad approach. I'm not sure of the strength tie-in, but after two weeks maybe you could start to bring your calories slowly up for 3-4 days, and then try a bulk. But I'm not sure if you'd experience immediate noticeable strength gains, or residual gains down the road...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook