Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
Shadowschmadow
Shadowschmadow
aka El Cappy-Tan
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
My Mood: Tired
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I was at my Sisters house for breakfast yesterday, and went looking for milk. I saw the skim milk, which I know she always has on hand. I thought she also kept whole milk; I was wrong. I asked for fat milk, or cream to mix it with, and she scoffed at the idea. I told her whole milk was so much better, and she just looked at me like I was on crack.

I went from whole milk to 2%, then 1% years ago. I just recently rediscovered the supreme awesomeness of whole milk again.
I just leave it alone these days. Even when people want to know my opinion on things, they don't want to listen to me. Once I contradict what they believe to be true, you see their eyes roll and you know you've just wasted part of your life away.

If I see things in someone's cabinet, I just keep my opinions to myself. The only time I will open my mouth is if someone comes out and says some bullshit like they know something. Like if my sister says the fat in ____ is bad for you, I will "enlighten" her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Some consume diary and some don't. For most the point is to eat a more natural diet.
This is part of the reason why I dislike the paleo crowd. Trying to relate to our ancestors and follow in their footsteps is ridiculous. Why not sell your house, TV and stop visiting doctors while your at it. To me, I get this feeling of self-righteousness from a lot of "paleo" followers - so its not the diet that pisses me off, its the label and the people who follow it.

Why can't we just call clean eating "clean eating"? I don't disagree with their dietary choices; hell I recommend them! Its a healthy diet. The only thing I disagree with is their beef with carbs. Other then that, I think its magnificent, and I can see past our differences about carbs. If you don't want to eat carbs, fine. If you want to eat carbs, fine - just make sure the rest of your diet is in check and your intake is limited.

If the interest here is to have a more "natural" diet, then we share a common interest. Just don't tell me you're trying to follow our ancestors because I'll laugh at you. (not directed at anyone in particular)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
Regarding milk..just read this in an editrion of Men's Health magazine..

"The idea that dietary fat causes heafrt disease has taken anothe hit. Ingesting full-fat milk does not raise cardiovascular risk, according to a Greek study. The calcium, magnesium, potassium, conjugated linoleic acid, and vitamin D in full fat may even protect arteries."

Not sure on the validity of the piece. Still searching for the study to read more. Wouldn't be suprised if it were spot-on though.
I don't read magazines so I have no clue what is norm and what isn't, but maybe they posted their sources at the end of the article...?

Share with Facebook