Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,520, Level: 93 Points: 22,520, Level: 93 Points: 22,520, Level: 93
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
I would also like to hear what you have done in the past to progress and I would like you to caveat that you are a BAMF when it comes to lifts, so a beginner doesnt need a program this complicated.
I have done a lot of different programs in the past, but one thing they have in common is that they are always focused around heavy compounds. Even when I was doing more of a bodybuilding type split.

Here is my training progression through the years:
1. Started in my basement with my dad having me do heavy sets of 6 on compound movements, should have just stuck with this
2. Joined the local YMCA, where I thought I was learning to train. Basically I did a bodybuilding split for a while that was still focused on lifting heavy
3. Went to college and found forums on the internet, Steve suggested that I think about powerlifting.
4. Used Layne Nortan's Power Hypertrophy workout, one upper body power day, and one lower body power day low reps, and then 3 other days that were like a body part split
5. Started to use the West side template, I made good gains, but I was not doing enough assistance so I lost some size. But my main lifts went up.
6. Here is where I got into Chaos and Pain, I trained 3 days a week using a squat, push, and Pull. This was very effective for me, but it really kills you.
7. I used 5/3/1 for a while, great program but I let my ego get the best of me.
Now, I am back to using Westside and trying to get the most out of it that I can, I think assistance is key to Westside and a good training environment.

That is a history of Jwood, lol.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links