Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
Kuytrider
Kuytrider
is Yosif Zhelyazko Lynch
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

PR's are coming and about to fall. It's time to chow down!
It's hard to make progress without eating. Besides, you can always cut once you've hit major PR's over the course of time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
My Mood: Lurking
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I never should have said a word. You all think it is a joke. I brought it to light so maybe the site would get more advanced BBers active on it, I'm just trying to help the site grow.

Just like bringing the "Lift-A-Thon" to a documented multi sponsored event.

No worries Steve I'm not going anyware. We are all good.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
MC
MC
is plotting World Domination from the Phantom Zone
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I never should have said a word. You all think it is a joke.
Rich,

I think it's good that you mentioned it.

I do think the site would benefit from more accomplished BBers, especially in terms of diet/cutting/contest prep and training.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Did I miss something? I didn't think anyone thought it a joke.

The thing is, for me anyway, I just ignore all the advice on eating and do my own thing and I'm certainly no powerlifter but then again, I did have the advantage of knowing some of the guys here before joining so maybe I have a slightly different perspective concerning the forum than some viewers of the forum that don't know anyone here.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #15
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Did I miss something? I didn't think anyone thought it a joke.

The thing is, for me anyway, I just ignore all the advice on eating and do my own thing and I'm certainly no powerlifter but then again, I did have the advantage of knowing some of the guys here before joining so maybe I have a slightly different perspective concerning the forum than some viewers of the forum that don't know anyone here.
I've been on here while also and just ignore the eating thing myself. Just frosts my balls when I give feed back to help the site grow and the people creating the feed back think it is a joke. So if everyone is happy with it being a P/L only site, so be it. I won't give feed back anymore or waste my time making nutrition posts.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
It's always been this way. If you have a big powerlifter looking guy (like BtB), and he says to "eat big to get big", then the message is taken out of context. On the other hand, if you have a lean bodybuilder saying the exact same thing, suddenly it's gospel.
"Eating big" also gets taken out of context as meaning "eat like a big fat big and gain 100 pounds."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
Mr.Silverback
Mr.Silverback
East Texas Open 6/14/14
Max Brawn
Points: 12,706, Level: 73 Points: 12,706, Level: 73 Points: 12,706, Level: 73
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
My Mood: Daring
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

I appreciate the advice that is given here and part of the reason that I find this site to be better than most other sites. I, for one, was completely unaware that this was a PL only sight, I figured that there were a multitude of different lifters with different viewpoints of training. I am a powerlifter/strongman by choice and I enjoy reading posts/articles about bodybuilders. I would like to see more veteran BBs on here as well as other Pro athletes (Strongman, PLer's, Xfitters, whatever!)

If a lifter/athlete (no matter discipline) does not know how to decipher an opinion...then they have no business doing their chosen discipline. There are tons upon tons of information nuggets out there! Just gotta know whats for you and what's not!

Just my 2 pennies...lol

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #18
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Just frosts my balls when I give feed back to help the site grow and the people creating the feed back think it is a joke. So if everyone is happy with it being a P/L only site, so be it. I won't give feed back anymore or waste my time making nutrition posts.
Is somebody in Ketosis?

Just kidding Rich, you know we love and respect you. Besides, I didn't think this was a powerlifting forum, I thought it was a general lifting forum with a variety of viewpoints. It's just natural for bodybuilders to give powerlifters crap for being fat. And it's natural for powerlifters to give bodybuilders crap for looking better than they do
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I've been on here while also and just ignore the eating thing myself. Just frosts my balls when I give feed back to help the site grow and the people creating the feed back think it is a joke. So if everyone is happy with it being a P/L only site, so be it. I won't give feed back anymore or waste my time making nutrition posts.
No one considers this a joke. I wish you would speak more on how to get shredded, and how you eat.

We give reasonable advice here and it's not a powerlifting only site and never has been.

I think sometimes Rich you dismiss my advice because I am currently focused on powerlifter, and if I am being completely honest, it frustrates me and it hurts. I was a bodybuilder most of my life, and big long before I added any bodyfat. I know a thing or two about eating to put on mass, but certainly do not know it all, and am always trying to learn more.

I firmly believe that far too many novices undereat, and my advice to eat big has never been meant to say "get fat." Never, never, never. This advice has to be taken in the context in which it is given.

I do not believe intermediates should eat aggressively and have stated that on this forum dozens of times. More than this, I believe I have a solid understanding of the natural gains curve and it's impact on how aggressively one should eat and when. I take beatings every day about my belief in natural potential, but I stand by my opinions because I DON'T want guys to get fat by aggressively bulking as intermediates.

I often feel like my opinion is considered a joke by some because I have no interest in walking around with abs. I am trying my best to help novices add muscle mass, and my only goal is to assist them in reaching their goals.

I respect everyone's goals, but I ask that they respect mine, and not filter my advice through my current goals. I have plenty of muscle mass and will allow it to speak for itself.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-03-2011 at 03:42 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #20
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time and you have to accept that in a normal light-hearted way, it's just the way the world is.

It does work both ways as well, by not accepting someone's disagreement you are (perhaps silently) devaluing their position as well. That person may also have a legitimate point which needs to be heard and may feel frustrated by this.

So in the end there's no need to think people are taking it as a joke when they are just disagreeing. They're entitled to an opinion too and you'll just have people walking on eggshells around you if you don't unwind a little.

Manhugs? And you 5kg, get yourself in here too!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook