Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Mr.Silverback
Mr.Silverback
East Texas Open 6/14/14
Max Brawn
Points: 12,676, Level: 73 Points: 12,676, Level: 73 Points: 12,676, Level: 73
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
My Mood: Daring
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member
Angry Another Message from Mr. SB

A dying breed

Long gone are the days of guys like Arnold, Mike M., Franco Columbo. These guys and the likes, trained hard and did not go to the gym to workout.

Sooooo What's my beef? The new breed

Many of the neophyte lifters shouldn't even be allowed to wear the title lifter because they have absolutely no clue what being a lifter entails. You don't just sign on to occasionally visit the gym, get a workout, and shoot the breeze with your boys. No sir, to be even considered a "lifter" you have to earn stripes. Time to get your "wings" son and many of these so-called gymrats could use a lesson in "Git'n it done".

First of all, I am not against any particular style of training as long as you go in hard. If you are putting in "work", then you understand my frustration with these "new guys". Get your structure down pack before you start dishing out advice, ain't nothing worse than the blind leading the blind. On the flipside, watch some of these old dogs that "know too much." they do bite!

Listen up junior here is a wake up call to you and the rest of your "brahs", your time is up. You were entrusted with the ways of the old. Train hard or Go home, but many of you chumps never left home because you're soft. Man up or take your posse to the local fitness center, we have come to take back what should have never been given to you. Want it back? Not till you put up or shut up.

-The Angry Gorilla

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100 Points: 1,469,713, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
First of all, I am not against any particular style of training as long as you go in hard.
This is exactly what's missing.

Training was once an art form, and at the center there was a chisel carving stone. The easy way was straight through the fire.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

WORK!

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100 Points: 36,169, Level: 100
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Nice post.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook