Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,041, Level: 92 Points: 22,041, Level: 92 Points: 22,041, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Default Interesting Blog from Chaos and Pain

While reading this blog I found it very interesting. This is kind of a twist on the low carb diet but it looks pretty solid. Called the Dukan Diet, and to me it basically says that once you hit your goal with a low carb diet you can then pretty much maintain your weight by doing one extremely low carb day a week.

Not that you can eat like crazy all week and expect not to gain any fat at all. I think this is relevant because it can be tough to maintain the low carb paleo lifestyle. Just wanted to throw this out to you guys. This is kinda how my life has been going lately, I am only getting in maybe 2 days a week of solid low carb paleo diet lifestyle. The rest of the week, I do not eat real great. But I have been staying very lean and getting stronger.

Here is a link to the blog:
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks for posting this. Checking it out. Here is the link to the book:

Amazon.com: The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever (9780307887962): Pierre Dukan: Books Amazon.com: The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever (9780307887962): Pierre Dukan: Books

Quote:
The Diet: 4 Easy Steps to Permanent Weight Loss

Phase one: Attack
Using Dr. Dukan's True Weight calculator, dieters determine a reasonable and healthy weight loss goal. Then they begin the Dukan Attack phase a two-to-seven-day period during which only unlimited lean protein and a daily Oat bran galette (or pancake) are consumed and dramatic weight loss is achieved.

Phase Two: Cruise
Dieters alternate days of unlimited lean protein with days of protein combined with healthful vegetables until they reach their True Weight.

Phase Three: Consolidation
Dieters stay on this phase for 5 days for every pound lost. At this point the diet allows unlimited protein and vegetables, and other foods (such as cheese and bread) are reintroduced. Dieters are also allowed two weekly celebration meals to stave off boredom.

Phase Four: Stabilization
This is the maintenance portion of the plan, in which followers are allowed to eat whatever they like without regaining weight--provided that they follow 3 unbreakable rules including eating only unlimited lean protein one set day per week.

For each phase, The Dukan Diet offers clear simple guidelines for long term success. The Dukan Diet is the perfect diet for people who want fast weight loss, that can be maintained without counting calories or weighing portions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook